168

dan shifted from his position on the couch on hearing the turning of the key, his head raising slightly to look towards the front door.

phil's mum entered first with two bags in her hands, a bright smile on her face and soft giggles escaping her lips as phil held the door for her, a few bags in his hands as well.

phil looked happy, his pink lips holding a crooked smile, and his eyes slightly squinted, cheeks flushed from the cold outside. his hair was pushed back off his forehead, instead of the normal fringe, and he was wearing a thick jacket on top of his plaid shirt.

dan felt sorted, looking at phil without a crease on his forehead or a frown on his lips. he liked to see phil with his bright blue eyes instead of the dull, watery ones that he had been seeing recently. he liked the glow on his skin, instead of the haunting paleness that was previously there.

he felt happy, looking at phil.

"hello daniel, sleep well?" his mother's voice was sweet, laced with happiness when she entered, patting dan's cheek lightly causing the younger boy to blush.

"yes, thank you," he mumbled shyly and phil walked in next, giving dan a small smile and placing the bags on the floor, taking a seat next to him on the couch with a sigh.

"i will quickly fix up some sandwiches for you, yeah?" she smiled and dan nodded slightly, watching as the woman disappeared into the kitchen, leaving both of them sitting awkwardly in the living room.

dan tilted his head to look over at phil, only to find his eyes closed, his head leaned back against the backrest of the sofa, his lips parted slightly. he looked tired, his body leaning lethargically against the worn out fabric, but he still looked beautiful. he always did.

"oh dear, is he asleep already?" his mother's voice was loud, interrupting his chain of thought, and dan snapped his head back towards the front, away from phil.

"um, yeah, he looks tired," dan muttered awkwardly scratching the back of his head and phil's mother just sighed in disapproval, softly shaking her head.

"well, you have these alright?" she placed a plate of sandwiches in dan's hands. "i will have to go and run some errands," she smiled at him and dan nodded, thanking her, and watched as she ruffled phil's hair, grabbing her car keys and coat before walking out of the house, shutting the door behind her.

they were left alone again, in looming silence as dan quietly ate one of the sandwiches, getting up and keeping the rest in the kitchen. he filled up a glass of water, drinking it halfway before making his way out again, eyes fixed on a sleeping phil.

his lips were parted, soft snores escaping his lips and sweat beading on his forehead. phil looked uncomfortable, in his tight clothes and thick jacket so dan decided to wake him up, and ask him to change. he sighed, shaking his head slightly before walking forward, gently shaking phil's shoulder.

"phil?" he mumbled, hand gripping the older boy's forearm, but he laid there, unmoving.

"phil?" he said a bit louder and phil just fluttered his eyes slightly, before closing them again and humming in response.

"get changed first and then you can sleep," he said but phil just shook his head, turning his body to bury his face in the couch.

"phil, come on, don't be a baby," dan rolled his eyes, placing his hands on his hips, staring at phil in disappointment.

"i'm really tired, please get my clothes for me," the older boy mumbled in the couch, too lazy to get up and change and dan just sighed again, running a hand through his hair and climbing up the stairs, going to phil's room and grabbing a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt.

when he got back down, phil was splayed across the couch, his mouth hanging open and his chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm. dan just smiled at him, shaking his head and leaning forward to unzip phil's jacket.

it wasn't hard, considering that phil was laying on his back, and he easily unbuttoned phil's tight fitted shirt and skinny jeans, struggling to tug them down his legs.

"i could use some help phil," dan groaned and phil sleepily grumbled, as he kicked off his jeans, extending his hand forward for dan, so that he helps him sit up. once he was sitting, eyes still closed and hair messy, dan pulled off his jacket and shirt, replacing them with the loose sweatshirt, straining to get phil's arms through the long sleeves and he sighed once it was done, leaving phil in his boxers and sitting next to his legs, leaning against the arm rest.

dan stared at phil for a few moments, appreciating his lean body cuddled into the side of the sofa, his long legs bent slightly at the knees and his lips parted once again. his cheeks were flushed, and head buried into the sofa as he shifted a bit, groaning and rubbing his hands along his exposed legs.

"dan," he whined and dan sighed out loud, humming in response.

"can you please get me a blanket?" his voice was thick, tired, and raspy and dan could feel the voice travel straight through him.

"i don't know where they are," dan muttered softly, getting up anyway to search for them but then he felt phil's fingers wrap around his wrist, pulling him back.

"can you just lay down with me?" phil mumbled, opening one of his eyes barely to look at the younger boy and dan just looked at him, taking a deep breath before answering.

"that's-that's not right," he simply stated and phil pouted, shifting back into the sofa to spare dan enough space to lay down. he just pulled at his hand, forcing him to sit down at the edge of it.

"please?" phil wrapped his arms around dan's waist, pulling him closer to his body and then dan just gave in, laying back on the worn out material, trying to keep his distance from phil but failed to do that, when phil buried his face in his shoulder, his arm going across dan's waist, his heavy breathing echoing in the younger boy's ear.

and even though phil had driven all the way to rawtenstall to his childhood house, and spent the whole morning with his mother, this was the first time he felt at home.

--

sorry for all the filler chapters i just thought you guys need a break from drama