Chapter 10: The Dove and the Arrow

Omega POV

Rose was walking with me on the camp grounds. She was currently checking out a smudge on her makeup that was invisible to the world.

"Hey, Rose! We need to hurry up. I've been putting this off for a long time now and I want to do it now, it's a good as time as any," I told walking towards the beach

She sighed and closed her mirror. "Fine. I don't see any reason why we can't do it tomorrow morning."
I shook my head "Then the stars won't be out," I held out my arm and she took it as we made our way to the path leading to the beach.

Once we were there we knew we were currently missing dinner and that our absence would be noticed. "Okay. We're here, what now?" She said twirling her hair still mad that I ripped her from Flame's arms. "Artemis put her soul into the stars, so she didn't go see Hades thats why I didn't need Angel."
I said looking up.

"I get it, why you need me now!" She said clapping her hands together in amusement but then she whispered "But, Percy you have to do something for me in return. Got it?"

I shrugged "You got it."

She squealed and pulled a barrette out of her hair and she pulled her hood down. "I'm gonna need to get a bit higher if I am going to do this," She told me. Without thinking I waved my hand at the water with a painful tug in my gut and steps made of water appeared.
She looked at me incredulously "Really?" She half screamed half yelled. I scratched the back of my head sheepishly "Old habits die hard," She shook her head "Oh I know that! I am still wondering who you thought was going to climb all those steps!"

I laughed at her antics. "Fine Rose I'll carry you, but lemme ask Flame first okay?" She waved me aside "Already did." True enough a column of flames grew bigger and bigger on the waters surface and Flame appeared. "Nah dude. Thanks for asking but I'll carry my girl up there," He grinned. "Be my guest man -" I was interrupted "We will be going our way too, see you at the top!" He waved and Rose jumped into his arms and he jumped into the air flames parachuting him upwards towards Zoë's constellation. "Not if I get there first!" I yelled after them running up the stairs with speed.

It was obvious who one and unfortunately no it wasn't me. I glared playfully at Flame as he laughed at my pouting face. "Okay," I said. "Lets do this," She said. I closed my eyes and I let myself float into the air into Aether's realm not Zeus's or I'd be found out. I let all my memories of Zoë surround me though there wasn't that many. "Rose, I need you to check if she is conscious right now," I said not breaking concentration. She scoffed "Then why didn't you bring a medic?" I frowned "She doesn't have a materialistic body Rose, but as Aphrodite's daughter you can feel feelings, thoughts, inner beauty and stuff like that... Just check if she's conscious!" I half yelled at her with my eyes tightly closed. "Sheesh okay! Hold up." She muttered.

Flame POV

In my arms Silena held her hand out her pretty lips was pursed in concentration as she searched for any signs of consciousness from the constellation. Percy was glowing and was still except for when he spoke or when his eyebrows rose. "Percy," Silena whispered. "She's asleep,"

Percy didn't move. "How do you know?" I asked. She turned and gazed at me, I almost lost balance. "Her heart, feelings and thoughts are in tune not as abrupt as it would be if she were awake, she seems to be asleep for some while now," She told me looking back at the huntress.

Her hands began to glow a pink aurora "I'm gonna send her some cupid love," she said. In her hands was the barrette she always wore and it turned into an arrow. "Cupid's arrow?" I clarified. She nodded "We need to like summon her, her conscious, her feelings, and her memories good or bad while Percy opens the hole for us to summon her and keeps Artemis in check so she doesn't find out." She sighed "Percy is also acting as a bridge between the huntress and us thats why he can't move. She's gonna possess... I mean share his body, while he pulls the soul out from the stars and I stick my hand in her heart ( nasty business indeed) and hit the start button." I nodded "Can I do anything to help?" She smiled. "Yeah, light up a flame for me please. It's getting cold," I shook my head I can do something better," I wrapped my as around her and made my body temperature go up. She turned and kissed me. "Thanks cheri," I winked at her noticing Percy's face looking more annoyed by the minute.

I laughed at his facial expression and watched as Silena pulled back on the bow's string. "Percy T minus 3 seconds,"

I watched as she pulled back the arrow and then let go. Percy then grunted and his skin began glowing a bit more star like. "Okay! I'm going for it!" She said as she pulled out the arrow. I frowned "Why not use another?"
She turned her head slightly "Because, Mom convinced Cupid to give me only one."

I processed this for a second "So your mom knows you're alive?"
She nodded "Yeah, she isn't really an Olympian if you think about it so its natural she'd notice something like me being alive... She's more primordial like."

I nodded appreciatively "That explains it but-" I was stopped short as Percy let out a short pained gasp and stumbled. "Babe hold on the questions I need to time this perfectly,"

She gripped tightly and carefully on the arrow and pulled gently so she doesn't break it. "It's coming out," She muttered. I glanced at Percy who's face was pained. "You know we are gonna need to hurry this up right?"
She gritted her teeth "I'm almost-" She then pulled it out completely "Done!" She sighed.

I cocked my head to the side "So what now?" She smiled and held the bow and arrow up "This. Percy if you break this you're fixing it or getting me another one."
She shot him. The bow and arrow turned back into a barrette. "I guess we are done here," She said clapping her hands together.

I didn't say anything as I looked at Percy but an gas was leaking from the wound. "That's not gas is it?" She smiled and motioned for me to get closer "You're absolutely correct, that's her essence that's just putting it's self back together... You know memories can be a funny thing," I nodded "Circuit boards are easier,"

"Her body?" She said to a now alert Percy. "That star right there," We frowned at him "We're leaving we did our part Perce," He laughed "I'll get some moon dust for you to work on, okay?" I waved him off as we dematerialized.

Percy

I did manage to give Zoe her body. Made of the same stars she was a part of. I shook her "Zoe..."
She didn't wake up. So I place on hand on top of the other and pushed hard on her chest. She woke up with a large gasp.

She looked around and then looked at me. "Percy, what am I doing here?" She asked worry evident in her eyes "Aren't I suppose to be-"
"Dead?" I finished for her. "Yeah you were but I brought you back to life with the help of Silena who'll you'll meet next,"

She sighed "Percy, what happened then?" I smiled sadly "Zoe it's gonna be a dam long story,"
She looked at me confused. I waved her off "Come on I'll take you to get suited up alright?"
She glared at my hand. Once a huntress always a huntress.

I grinned "Still can't trust me?" She shook her head and placed her hand in mine "Percy you've proved yourself to many others not only me, I trust you,"

I nodded "Thanks Zoe, now lets go," I held her hand and we dematerialized from the beach to where the campfire was. I pointed to the small black cabin on it's own "Go in there and you'll know what to do." She nodded and ran. While I walked back into the mess hall and sat at a table. Slowly things got quiet. I didn't pay much attention to details until a choked up Annabeth appeared in front of me.