Chapter 3 - My Cookie And Dough Ice Cream

You can imagine him as Asher/Ashford. Or anyone's else you want to.

"Cassandra!" Ashford screamed right in my ear. Which, as a matter of fact he's been doing since the past few minutes. We've been trying to search for Cass for a while now but it's like she has vanished into the thin air.

"Could you stop trying to make me deaf?" I snapped because of two reasons. 1) I was super worried about Cass. And 2) Being a doctor, even if I was an unqualified counsellor, the least I knew was that if he continued screaming in my ear, without a doubt, I'll go deaf.

How could I not notice that Cass was missing? Could a best friend be any worse than me?

Probably not.

"No." He said.

"You suck." I muttered.

"Aww, I love you too," he cooed, pinching my cheeks.

I swatted his hand away and glared at him. I hated when someone did that. My face was not something I'll let you pinch.

After looking in every possible crevice, Asher spoke up, "Why can't you just call her?"

"Cause I have her phone." I said in a 'duh' tone. I had taken her phone as it felt too much of a load to her.

"Damn." He muttered.

"Cass!" I screamed as loud as I could.

No reply.

"Cassandra!"

No reply.

"Cass!"

Yet again, no reply.

"Where the fuck are you Cass?" I yelled.

"Over here!" We heard Cass's voice (at least I think so) say.

We moved towards the direction of the voice. After covering some distance, we saw a dark figure sitting on the road but we couldn't make out who exactly that was. Probably Cass or some crazy psychotic murderer. Could be any actually.

I looked at Ashford and silently asked him what should I do. He merely shrugged.

"Cass?" I asked, my voice coming out a little shaky.

Then that figure finally turned towards us.

It was Cass.

A tear stained Cass.

"Cass?" I quickly engulfed her in my arms. She kept on sobbing.

"Are you okay?" Ashford asked. I looked at him with an expression that clearly said, "are you serious?"

"I could complain but I'm not going to." She spoke between her sobs.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"You...you people were walking too fast. And I told you that I'll be resting here for a while. Then you guys vanished. And...being alone on a lonely, dark street isn't on my to-do list." She said after she had stopped crying.

"We're so sorry." I apologised, looking at Ashford for a apology. I mean, he too didn't realise that she was missing, did he? So technically, it's both our faults. More of mine, cause she's my best friend, but a teensy bit of his too.

"Meh." He muttered, simply.

"It's alright. Let's just go back. But this time I won't stay at the back." She spoke, after a while.