Chapter 4

"What? I don't have any issues. Rebound Issues? No, just no." I eat my ice cream.

"Yes, you do. No offense but, look at your life right now. I think you have issues." He looks around my room.

"Offense was taken."

"Sorry, but your mom wanted me to help you, and because you're an old friend, I will." He says as if he's some hero coming into my life.

"Sorry if you thought you were some Super Kevin, but I'm fine the way I am. You're currently disturbing my process right now though. If you want to help so much, help yourself out."

"Ok, first of all, why the hell is it so damn dark in here? You need to open these curtains." He pulls them open and I squint from the brightness. "See, you're living like a vampire. Draculaura like shit." He laughs. I have to admit that was pretty funny but I'm not gonna laugh.

"Are you done now?"

"Not even close, babe. What is in here anyway? Are you serious? You have a life supply of ice cream in here girl, and you don't even share. Do you even eat real food?" He closes my freezer.

"Of course I eat real food." I roll my eyes. "Look you can't just bust into my room and try to fix things that don't need fixing. Everything is perfectly fine." He ignores me and walks to my closet.

"You have a punching bag? Woah, this is huge. This is for grown buff men, men." He emphasizes men. "Yo, why do you have so many? Oh my God, you destroyed this one. You destroyed three of em." He looks deeper into my closet. "How is that even possible? You on steroids?"

"No, I'm not on steroids." He laughs again.

"Hulkandra smash!" He flexes.

"That was not funny." I try not to laugh but can't help smiling. He looks around my room for more things to "fix".

"Oh yeah, your mom said you've been watching this movie nonstop. We're gonna fix that, too. Where's the remote?" He looks at me and I glance at it without thinking. He walks over to my dresser and gets it. "Let's watch some good TV. Wild n Out." He goes in On Demand and searches it up.

"Nope, I refuse to watch this." I turn around to face the wall.

"Come on Nagely, it's a really good show." He's on drugs if he thinks I'm gonna watch anything other than The Fault in Our Stars. "Fine, but I'll be back. I gotta go check on them down there." He leaves and I race to the door and lock it. I put my movie back on and close my curtains. There we go. After a few minutes, I hear my doorknob shake.

"Nagely open the door." Kevin says. I think I'll pass.

"Nagely we just wanna say hi." Another voice says. I think that's Daniel. But who cares? Whoever he is, he's not coming in here. You know what, where's my mother? I bet she's downstairs laughing at me suffering from this.

"Aren't you gonna have to open the door to get the delicious breakfast your mom made?" Devin asks. He's right but I'll just have my ice cream for breakfast. "And for lunch and dinner. Just saying, we're gonna be here when you open that door." Ice cream all day, bet.

"We're staying here for the next few days by the way." Daniel says. Ice cream for the next few days, I can not do. I know my mom will tell them when she's bringing my food. She should be on my side, but no, she wants to help them help me with my "Rebound Issues". As if I have those. I'll think of something soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's two o'clock and I'm full of ice cream wishing for some real food. I could really go for some steak and yellow rice right now. But I can't risk it because as soon as I open that door they're gonna barge into my personal space.

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Please be my mom and only my mom." I whisper as I walk over to the door. "Who is it?"

"Your food." All three of those terrible, terrible boys say at the same time. "It's steak and yellow rice." Daniel's deep voice tempts me. I crack open the door and see my delicious meal in his hand. Hey, he's pretty cute. What am I saying? I am not supposed to think he's attractive, at all.

"You gonna get your food or what?" I turn to Devin. Sweet Babycakes, he is mighty fine. I push away the thoughts and focus on my food brought by heaven-I mean brought from heaven. These guys are definitely not heaven, not at all. I reach out a hand to grab the plate but Daniel pulls his hand back. The further I stretch the more he steps back.

"Sorry, gotta come out here for it." He shrugs. I swear this boy better not be testing me.

"We just wanna see what you look like." Devin reaches for the door knob but I shut the door.

"Nagely at least give us a picture." Kevin suggests. A picture, huh?

"Fine. Give me a second." I tell them.

• • • • • 2 minutes later

"We trade at the same time." I say through the crack. Daniel and Devin smile at each other, then I give Daniel the turned-over paper. I quickly lock the door and listen to their conversation.

"Oh, my-Yo! Did she really just draw a stick person on this paper?" Daniel says and I start quietly laughing.

"Stop lying, D." Devin says. "She really just did that."

"Well, that's what she kinda looks like." Kevin laughs. They asked for a picture and got a picture.

"All I wanted to know was what she looked like." Daniel's voice gets fainter as his feet go down the steps. Now how am I going to get dinner?