Why Do You Hate Me? [Wroetozerk]

After receiving yet more hateful comments on Twitter, Harry's feeling worse than ever and is doubtful whether he deserves to be in the Sidemen or not. Josh hates seeing his friend so upset and will do anything to cheer him up.

Word Count: 993 Words

~✖~

With tears prickling at his eyes, Harry knew he should have just stopped at the first hateful mention. He'd been in a negative mood all day; ever since he hadn't tweeted good night to his followers after yesterday's live stream, he awoke with his interactions flooded with mentions about how he didn't care about his fans and how the fame had gotten to his head. Mention after mention and comment after comment, it was as if Harry had become addicted. He'd always taken everything to heart, ever since he got bullied at school because of his extravagant dreams, and began to believe everything he read.

"You don't deserve to be in the Sidemen, they're better off without you."

"You only upload videos for the money you selfish twat."

"Delete your Youtube Channel, your videos are shit."

"No wonder you're so fucking ugly, you're inbred you sick cunt."

With another sigh, Harry laid his bed, the headboard bumping against the wall. His hand was trembling now and he was hardly able to read the tweets as his phone was moving around so much. Why was this all happening to him? What had he done wrong?

He thinks back to when his Instagram got hacked just weeks before. He'd been absolutely devastated. The days leading up to the hack were torturous; he'd started getting comments on his selfies about how ugly he was and he couldn't help but believe them. He was nothing special and he knew it – just a normal teenage boy who got a lucky break.

Harry almost wishes he hadn't stayed at home. Cal Freezy and Callux had gone to Thorpe Park with the rest of the Sidemen a few hours ago, yet Harry didn't have the heart to go with them. He simply said that he had a stomach ache and the boys hadn't questioned it. Despite his wavering voice and his tearstained cheeks, the two boys just told him to get well soon and left. Did they even care about him? Did anyone care about him? He dabbed at his eyes with the bottom of his Sidemen shirt and refreshed his mentions, internally bracing himself for the vicious comments.

When most of the Sidemen and the two Callums met up in the Thorpe Park carpark, Josh almost immediately noticed Harry's absence. He turned to Cal Freezy. "Hey Cal, where's Harry?" he asked, concerned for the younger boy.

"At home. Said he wasn't feeling well," Cal shrugged.

Josh raised an eyebrow. "Really? He was all up for filming a Q&A with me later..." he trailed off. 

"Hey guys, its me Vikkstar123 and I'm at Thorpe Park with the Sidemen!" Vik began to vlog, his camera perched on the end of a selfie stick. He pointed the camera in JJ's direction, who resorted to flipping off the camera. Ethan then started laughing at JJ, his infectious laugh causing the rest of the guys to start laughing too. The rest of the guys apart from Josh.

When Tobi finally pulls up next to Simon's car and Vik had finished filming the first part of his vlog, Josh approached Simon. "I'm gonna go, I've got a shit ton of editing to do and I'm not really a fan of roller coasters anyway," he explained. 

"Oh alright mate," Simon replied. "See you later." Josh said goodbye to the rest of the guys, before he called a taxi to take him to Harry's flat.

When the taxi pulled up outside the apartment block skyscraper that Harry lived in, Josh paid the taxi driver and approached the door. He let himself into the complex and climbed the stairs to Harry's apartment, which he shared with the two Callums. He knocked once on the door before he let himself in.

"Harry?" Josh called, raising his eyebrows at the strangely quiet apartment. Usually you'd be able to hear Harry playing on his Xbox and yelling at his TV. He poked his head into the living room to see if Harry was there. "Harry? Are you here?"

He then made his way towards Harry's bedroom and his heart broke at the sight. Harry was perched on the edge of his bed, scrolling through his phone with trembling hands and tears streaming down his cheeks. "Harry?" Josh said little above a whisper. Harry's head snapped upwards and he faked a smile too little too late.

"Y-Yeah," Harry's voice cracked from his earlier sobbing.

Josh made his way over to Harry's bed and pulled the younger boy into a hug, wrapping his arms around him. Harry sighed in content, nuzzling his face into Josh's shoulder and his tears making his jumper damp. "Harry? What's wrong?"

The younger boy sighed and sat up, placing his phone on the bed. "I was just on Twitter, and everyone had such nice things to say about everyone else but I just get so much abuse. I'm not sure if I can deal with the hate anymore."

"I bet you just missed all the good ones," Josh whispered, his voice slightly husky. "We all get them. People are always trolling Vik with Indian jokes, you know how much he hates that. Josh rubbed Harry's back soothingly before continuing. "For each negative comment, there are hundreds of positive ones – the hate sometimes stands out but just remember that you're amazing and we're lucky to have you in the Sidemen. The fans love you, the Sidemen love you. Even I fucking love you dude."

The tears once again sprung to Harry's eyes, but this time they were of happiness. Because he was so proud to be a part of the Sidemen and he was lucky enough to be able to do what he enjoyed best as a living - playing games and making YouTube videos. 

The rest of the Sidemen were honestly like brothers to him, and Harry could always count on them to cheer him up whenever he was feeling down.