Rejecting The Rejected Chapter 1

Thanks to careforbooks for the beautiful cover on the side=)

Chapter one

“Spending that night with you was the worst mistake that I have ever made.” He snarled in my face. All of his friends laughed at my red face. Everyone around me was watching in amusement at my own embarrassment.

The hot tears dripped down my face. The glasses on my face were fogged up, but I couldn’t find myself to focus on anything but him. My heart shattered into pieces at those words. My wolf made no comment, but I could feel the rejection burning my soul.

How could he do this to me? He tells me he loves me and then he says that I was the worst mistake he had ever made.

I felt like I was about to throw up. My legs were shaking and I felt as if I was going to fall any second. As if he would care. It would just add to his case even more.

He turned around and strolled over to his group. Among them stood a perky red head that was standing there eyeing him like a piece of candy. He wrapped his arms around her slim waist and smashed his lips against hers. She gladly obliged and pulled him closer.

By this time I was practically crying my eyes out while making a fool out of myself. All I could see was the blurry picture of Carter and that slut lip locking.

I hightailed out of there. I pushed through the crowd and ran into my safe haven, the janitor’s closet.

*Earlier that day*

“Kimberly! Get up; you are going to be late!” My father called from the bottom of the stairs.

I groaned and smashed my pillow to my face.

“Do not you cover your head up Kim! I will drag you out of the bed if I have to!” He yelled again.

I cursed. How does he know me so well?

I threw the pillow off my face and it landed with a soft thud on the ground. I pried myself out of the warm comfort of my bed and into the chilly air. I guess my dad turned on the air conditioner again. Even though it is December.

You see, my dad and I are werewolves. Yes, we can shift into wolves. Werewolves get overheated quite quickly considering all of the fur, the same goes for our human forms.

We don’t belong to a pack. We live in the Night territory. We weren’t considered rogues since we went to all of the pack meetings, but we weren’t really part of the pack.

My mother and father had settled down in Seneca Falls after they married. They made peace with the alpha of the Night pack and proved they weren’t a threat. My parents decided they didn’t want to join the pack, but they did want to live here.

My mother died from a car accident when I was two, so I never really got to know her. My father has raised me by himself ever since then. The peace treaty between my father and Alpha Nate still stands.

I picked out some baggy sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, but immediately re-thought my decision. Maybe something a little more… fitting would be better.

I blushed as I thought of the reason. This weekend my cousin, who was a part of the Night pack, had dragged me to one of her boyfriend’s house to attend a party. The party wasn’t my scene. Usually I stayed in my room and did my homework or read the entire weekend. Instead Charlene had dragged me to the party saying how I needed to get out more.

The sad thing was my dad even encouraged me to go to the party. For the sake of my dad, I went to the party with intentions of sneaking out once I had lost Charlene in the crowds.