Chapter 8: She Wanted My Big Oversized Log For Her Bonfire

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Chapter 8: She Wanted My Big Oversized Log For Her Bonfire

"He asked you to meet his parents," Taylor says, most likely smiling.

"Yes, he was all I want you to meet my family and I didn't know what to do," I frown placing the phone on my shoulder as I shove the last beach bag inside of Alex's car.

"I don't know what to tell you," she answers. "Maybe he just wants to take you as a friend."

"Still," I shake my head. "He said they were horrible and complicated which only means bad news."

"Why won't you just give it a shot?" She asks and I'm about to answer when I hear a familiar voice in the background.

"Who's that?" the voice asks and it sounds just like Pipper.

"Shut up," I hear Taylor hiss.

"Is that Pipper?" I ask happily. "Can I talk to him?"

"It's not Pipper," Taylor answers nervously and I frown. "I have to go my cousin needs my help."

It was Pipper.

"Tay-" she hangs up.

That was beyond strange.

Why is Pipper at Taylor's house and why would she lie about it?

"Less thinking more doing," Vincent says closing the trunk of the car. "Unless you're thinking of me."

"That would only result in a headache," I roll my eyes. "Besides I was told to always have nice thoughts not annoying disgusting ones."

"It's not my fault you have nasty thoughts of me," he winks and my jaw drops.

"That is not what I mean," I shove him, a playful smile forming on my lips.

"Princess," I hear Josh call and I can feel my heart begin to race.

I don't know what to do.

"Yeah," I answer and he stays quiet as if considering what to say, for a few seconds making the moment extremely awkward.

"Did you pack sunscreen?" He asks trying to be casual and I stay frozen for a few seconds before I realize that he didn't ask the question I was dreading.

"Yes," I respond trying my best to also be casual.

"Good," he nods before walking back into the house and I find myself releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding.

That was bad. Really bad.

"That was painful to watch," Vincent shakes his head. "You should just meet his family and get it over with."

"He told you?" I ask and Vincent scrunches his nose.

"Of course not," he states. "I overheard you talking on the phone and after this encounter, I just connected the dots."

"You were eavesdropping," I say pretending to be annoyed, but I'm honestly amused.

The bad boy Vinny eavesdropping a girls conversation.

Funny isn't it?

"I wasn't eavesdropping," he glares. "I was just casually standing behind you while you talked on the phone."

"Eavesdropping and stalking," I laugh. "You've just been promoted to a more advanced level of being a perverted grass ass, congratulations."

"Get in the car," Alex commands as he walks by.