Chapter 43: Empty

I lay down Leah in her bassinet before falling onto my bed. Today has been exhausting. My phone pings. I groan and roll on my side before grabbing it.
Almost ready 2 head out?
Emily💁

Shoot! I forgot! I miss Emily so much because I never see her. I hit my head with the heel of my hand.

Shoot! I totally forgot! Sorry Emmy, Leah got sick. Reschedule?
Moo Moos🐮

Oh yeah it's kk. I hope Leah is okay! Give her lots of kisses 4 me! We can def reschedule.
Emily💁

I really am sorry😞
Moo Moos🐮

Don't worry Moo Moos! Its fine😉
Emily💁

Sure. Got 2 go. Bye girl
Moo Moos🐮

Bye hon
Emily💁

I frown and set my phone down. This is harder then I thought it would be. I can never hang out with my friends. And then Cole gets to go out and do whatever when I'm stuck here! And I'm so tired. I barely have time to eat, sleep, and use the bathroom, let alone hang with my friends.

Leah begins crying, once again. Leaving my thoughts behind, I attend to my motherly duties. Gosh, never thought I would hear myself say that.

30 Minutes Later....

I sit down on our couch with Leah sleeping in my arms. I look down at her and rock side to side, ensuring she falls into a deep sleep. It may last 3 hours. 3 hours to myself. Sounds like heaven.

I lay against the arm of the couch with Leah and turn on the tv quietly. Everyone is out right now. Thankfully. Leah can sleep in peace.

I rest my head against the back of the couch and get comfy, when a knock echoes through the house. I groan and stand up, setting Leah in her swing before walking to the door. I fling it open, but am surprised when seeing Em outside holding a tote bag that looks filled to the brim.

I raise an eyebrow, but smile nonetheless when seeing the familiar waves upon waves of red hair. "Yes my dear Emily?" I ask and stand aside. She walks in and takes off her shoes.

"I thought you would want a girls day in, now that you're miss Mommy, you have no free time to get out, so I brought the fun here. Now where is my little niece? I have stuff for her too." she says and walks into the living room, me following.

She sets down her things by the couch and walks over to Leah before picking her up gently out of the swing.

I only let certain people touch Leah, consisting of Em, Ashley, Cole, and my mother. I don't care of they touch her. It's not like I have a big circle of friends trying to touch her of course, it's just that a lot of grabby people want to touch her while we're out. So, I really don't care that Emily just casually picks up Lee.

"So, I was thinking we could start with 'Clueless', and then move onto like, superheros maybe." she suggests as she sits on the couch with Leah and looks down at the sleeping baby, rocking back and forth like I was moments ago.

"Works for me. I need my fill of hot guys saving the planet."

4 Hours Later....

We have finished Clueless and are midway through Captain America, not to mention halfway through my ice cream bucket. Leah woke up about an hour and a half ago to be fed, so I quickly fed her while watching the movie and put her upstairs in her crib, while her monitor is down here so I can keep an eye on her.

"Gosh, Chris Evans is so hot." Emily mumbles under her breath and throws a piece of popcorn she made, into her mouth. I nod in agreement.

"Totally." I say and happily eat my ice cream when my phone pings. I put down my spoon and glance down at it.
Some Mom you are, leaving your helpless child alone
Unknown

Shivers run down my spine and I shoot up before running up the steps, Emily hot on my trail yelling at me to stop, but all I hear is constant ringing.

The smell of blood wafts up my nose and I bust my door open in a fright. I look towards Leah's little bassinet. Only to find it empty.

I know, I know. You want to kill me right about now (begins running away from the crowd of people with pitchforks and torches). I hate this unknown! Grrr! Be prepared for mama bear to come out. Poor Morgan. Anyways guys, go check out my bestie and my sister like figure maxthundermanisbae. She is amazing! Go read her book pretty please! Anyways, vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘