7

There's something about this day that Mina doesn't like. Maybe it's because of the fact that she can't find her favorite penguin pajamas or because they're out of Heinz ketchup. Nevertheless, she still feels ecstatic about something she can't quite figure out.

'Puberty sucks' she whispered to herself as she rummaged through her closet, throwing her 'non-penguin' clothes out. 'Nope. No. This is not it.' She sighed as she searched for her treasured pajamas which was nowhere to be found.

'Ugh!!!' Mina huffed in defeat as she slumped on her bed after sprawling all of her clothes on the floor. 'What's wrong with you today Mina?' She asked herself as she shut her eyes and tried to relax. 'Why am I feeling annoyed and giddy at the same time today? It's not even my day of the month.' She whispered to herself.

'1..2..3..4..5...' She slowly counted, matching the pace of her own breathing with every number she mumbled.

Mina swore that she was just a step away from dreamworld when her ever-so-good-in-timing mom opened her bedroom door and shouted. "Mina honey! I'll just go out and buy the ingredients for our dinner!"

Mina opened her eyes in surprise and gazed at her mother who was leaning on her doorframe with a shocked look on her face.

"What the heck happened here Mina?" Her mom suddenly asked her as she pointed at the 'mess' on the floor. "Why are your clothes sprawled on the floor honey?"

Mina propped her elbows on the bed and immediately look at what her mother was pointing at. "Oh. Okasan I'm sorry, I was just looking for my penguin pajamas and when I couldn't find it, I just slumped on my bed and I didn't realize that I was already dozed off. I'll fix that right now okasan." She said as she got up from bed and walked towards her sprawled clothes. She picked up every piece of clothing on the floor and placed it on her bed.

"Okay okay honey. You may fold those later just please don't do anything stupid today okay? Now can you send me off please?" Her mom approached her, pulled her away from her bed and kissed her forehead. Mina placed her hand over her chest and acted faked hurt. "Wow. I love you too okasan." She said sarcastically as she accompanied her mother to their front door.

"Do I really look like I'd do stupid things Okasan?" Mina said as she carefully kissed her mom's cheeks and smiled. "Other than the fact that you're desperately looking for the pajamas that YOU'RE ALREADY WEARING, no honey, you don't look like you'll do something stupid." Her mom answered truthfully.

Her mom silently nodded when Mina displayed her shocked look.
"No way!" She said as she stared at her mom's eyes with no intention of looking at the clothes she's wearing. There's no way in hell Mina won't notice that she's wearing her favorite pajamas. Or so she thought.

"No way." Mina repeated as she shook her head.

"Uhumm yes way. I'll better get going honey. I can't argue with you all day. We'll starve and I know you don't want that."

Mina stared at herself in the mirror for a while. After sending her mom off, she immediately went back to her room and checked herself. She still can't believe that she's actually wearing her penguin pajamas. The same pajamas that caused her to rummage through her closet and sprawl all of her clothes on the floor. With a disappointed look, Mina sniffed herself and instanly got convinced that there's no sorcery behind what's happening to her. 'Gahd, You still haven't showered for Heinz's sake! No wonder why you're still wearing your penguin pajamas you dummy!' Mina reprimanded herself. It's almost 5 p.m. and she still hasn't showered. Mina laughed at herself. There's no point of looking for something or someone to blame. After all, she has a lot of things to do so she better start at something, and for now, taking a bath would be her priority.