SonicXShadow "I'd rather be stabbed"

It was a bright and sunny day on mobius prime. Shadow was laying down under a lush green tree, pondering life.
He had never felt the need for companionship in his life. However, a certain blue hedgehog chooses to ignore this philosophy. Frequently.
Just as the blue blur crossed Shadow's mind, the young hero dashed in front of the ultimate lifeform.
"Hey, Shadz!" Sonic greeted his friend.
Shadow simply rolled his eyes in response.
"Shadow, guess what?" Sonic eagerly asked.
Without wating for a response that would never arrive, Sonic began to explain.
"After I defeated Egghead again, quite impressively I might add, I discovered something almost as amazing as me!" Sonic bragged, hoping to nab Shadow's attention.
"I don't care." Shadow huffed.
"I found a portal! It leads to an entirely different zone!" Sonic was extatic at this point, nearly jumping for joy.
Shadow gave Sonic a cold stare. As Sonic stared into the deep red pools, he calmed down.
Sonic cleared his throat, losing a bit of his smile.
"Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to explore it with me?" Sonic asked, slightly twisting his body to emphasize a point.
Shadow blinked and sat up.
"Wouldn't you rather take a friend?" Shadow's voice was cold. Sonic reeled back.
"Shad, you are my friend."
Sonic, slightly hurt, held his hands behind his back.
"So will you come with?"
There was a pause...
"I'd rather be violently stabbed to death." Came a cold reply.
Sonic forced a small, kind smile.
"Alright." He dashed off.
Shadow stared off in the direction Sonic went. His heart was beating out of his chest.
Shadow sighed and laid back down. He studied the leafs of the large tree.
"Why am I never honest with myself?" Shadow asked the tree.