15 My Brother's Beta

15 My Brother’s Beta

Thankyou to everyone who gave me information of how an American’s school day works :) and how random it is…

In Australia, my schedule is basically: rollcall (30mins), 1st (period), 2nd, recess (30mins), 3rd, lunch (1 hour), 4th and 5th – with each period being an hour long. School goes from 8:30am-3:30pm, but on Mondays it’s only until 3.

So there’s a boring insight to the Aussie way!

But, America is so much more complicated… So, I’m setting it out so that there’s six periods in a day, four before lunch and two afterwards. Happy?

Oh, and I know you’re all thinking it, but how stupid am I to have a book set in England and America when I’m Australian?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter Fifteen

I’ve always hated speeches, especially when they’re in front of twenty-odd people. Speeches, introductions, any form of public speaking…

I’m starting to feel nauseated.

So when Mr Mahogany – teacher for the Music & Composition class – said “How about you tell us about your trip?”, you can’t blame me for blushing and going blank.

“Bethany?” he asked, looking a little worried. “How was England?”

“G-good…” I said, and some people began o snicker in the back.

I heard one of the girls say “She hasn’t changed – pity, I might of actually liked her one day”, and then my wolf went crazy. For the second time today, I found myself wanting to spit out profanities and some sort of comeback.

I held it in. “England was amazing, but I didn’t get to hear much of the music there. Oh wait, I did hear this one really good song by an English artist,”

Oh my God… my She-Wolf really has taken over! First the comments, then the anger, now she’s given me the confidence to speak! The only down side being that I could still see red, and new that she wasn’t completely normal tempered yet.

“What song?” Mr Mahogany asked. “Who’s the artist?”

I took a deep breath, trying to stop my inner wolf from making something rude come out. She didn’t like to be questioned, just as much as she hates having to be restrained from attacking the girl who spoke before. “It’s called ‘A Team’, and it’s by Ed Sheeran.”

While I was speaking, Mr M typed the song into YouTube, and soon it was playing through the huge sound system. Some people starting nodding their heads in approval, while others talked about how effective the lyrics were.