Chapter Twenty-Six

Okay so in three weeks I'm going to Las Vegas for the first time 😟😳🙃😱😝😦. And then after that I plan on starting up with some classes and trying to be an adult. Anywho, I'm going to try and keep my updates steady. Like I said previously, the book is basically done. I just have to add in some more details into the previously written chapters and what not. Anyway, all the chapters are on my phone in an app so that's great! HELL, if I have to I will update while I'm at the airport waiting to leave!

Or maybe it'll be done by then🤔..............................😏

                                 ________________

Naiya Wyatt

It was late when Keon and I got back. But despite the 2am time, when we entered the huge home, we were greeted with Alphonse and Kyle sitting in the main living room. Alphonse looked up and gave us a small smile before standing up. I was pleasantly shocked when he came over and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"You have fun sweetie?" He asked genuinely, rubbing my back in the process. The way he was talking reminded me of the Alphonse I remember knowing when I was still living at the foster home. This was the non-manipulative Alphonse. The Alphonse that made me comfortable enough to run to him that day telling him that I couldn't go back into the foster home because I couldn't stand getting raped again.

I looked back at Keon who was standing behind me with a confused look on his face. I turned back to Alphonse and nodded my head, "Yeah we did...well...up until the other night."

Alphonse's lips turned from the smile to a straight line as he gave a somber expression with his eyes. "I know...I'm so sorry about all of this."

"For once you don't need to apologize because you didn't do anything." Keon stated, walking around us to greet Kyle. They gave each other a hug and Kyle kissed the side of his head. "Where is she?"

"She went to Chicago the other day for some business. When you called her that's where she was." Alphonse answered him.

"When she coming back?"

"In another day."

"I need to talk to her now. And not on the phone."

"Well over the next couple days just get settled and rest. You look like you missed some sleep." Alphonse stated in a worried tone.

Kyle said something to him that I couldn't quite make out. Keon looked at me over his shoulder and then back at Kyle shaking his head. Alphonse stood in my view causing me to look at him.

"Did you hear me?"

"Huh? I'm sorry...what did you say?"

"I asked if you were hungry? I mean I know it's late but-"

"Oh no no I'm fine. Just sleepy."

"Ok well, you go on up to get some rest. I can bring your bags up."

"Well that's generous." Keon stated, heading towards the staircase. For someone who just found out that the father he thought was his wasn't, he was acting pretty cool.

"Look I'm just being sensitive here."

Keon snickered, "I ain't complaining. It's actually kinda nice to not wanna strangle you for once."

Kyle came over to me while Alphonse and Keon sort of went back and forth about Alphonse's sudden change. Kyle kissed my forehead before giving me a hug, "I just wanted to make sure y'all got in safely and that Keon wasn't flipping shit."

"Thanks. You should've been there for the call though."

"Yeah he told me all about it. Glad he didn't die of alcohol poisoning."