Chapter 6 - Ball Preperation

Hermione's POV:

We sat in the Great Hall, eating, when Dumbledore stood up to make an announcement.

"As the tradition states, we will be holding the Yule Ball for the whole school and our visiting school. Your head-of-house will help you out with waltz lessons. It will be held tomorrow night. Good luck!"

Fred shot me a glance from across the table. He smiled and I blushed. Our relationship was so quick. The night in the Library is honestly a blur, and I can only remember me accepting the fact that Fred kissed me out of the blue, and continued our lives in a crazy relationship. I'm not saying I'm not okay with it, but I just wonder sometimes how we got here.

After waltz lessons, Fred met me in the library. He smiled at me as I kept reading. I held back a grin and blushed, knowing what was coming. Fred could obviously tell that I knew.

"Miss Granger, would you accompany me to the Yule Ball this coming night?" he asked, taking my hand.
"With great pleasure, I will." I said, smiling.
"Fantastic!" He said, picking me up and spinning me.

I kissed him and then he set me down. "Well I must be going," He stated. "George and I are going to get ready."
"What?" I laughed "It's not till tomorrow night!"
"Yes, we know. But most likely we'll forget."
"Fred-"
"Okay, okay, fine. We'll just go prank some Durmstrang kids."
"Fred!"

He gave a smile and was gone. I sighed with a smile. This is gonna be a long relationship.

An hour later, I met up with Caroline, Caty, Kate, and Catie and we talked about who asked us as we went to try on our dresses. We had ours shipped to us by a muggle clothing line. The catch was that the girls must dress in the color of the house that the boy who asked you is from. For example, I was red and yellow, since Fred is from Gryffindor.

My dress went down to the floor and was made out of red silk, with a yellow tie around my waist, with the extra length falling down my side. My hair was curled and put up into an elegant bun by Catie. I had a small curly strip of hair falling in front of ear on both sides. My shoes were yellow flats, and my jewelry was only the ruby bracelet I had gotten for my birthday.

Catie was asked by a Ravenclaw, so her dress was royal blue with clear sparkles from her sleeveless sweetheart top to the bottom of her ribs. From there, it was puffy with black lace over the blue cover. It stopped at the bottom of her knees and She wore black heels. Her hair was down and curled, with a beautiful blue hair clip made from sapphires.

Kate was taken by Cedric (obviously), so her colors were yellow and black. Her knee-length dress was elegant with it being all yellow and a sweetheart top. A jumble of black lace went from her waist to her shoulder and acted as a strap. It went all down the back too. Her hair was also curled and clipped to one side, to where it fell down her right shoulder. She had a diamond bracelet and necklace. {It was hard to describe her dress, so I put a picture above. :)}

Caroline was asked by George, so she was also in Gryffindor colors. She was in a long, flowy gown that was red and faded into yellow. It went from short to long on on side. Her hair was straightened and she wore a ruby hair clip. Her nails were beautifully painted with gold nail polish and she wore red heels.

And last, Caty. Caty was asked by Garret so she was in Slytherin colors. Her dark green dress came down to the door and was flowy. The top only had one sleeve and a black sparkly belt was around her waist. Her red shoulder length hair was curled and parted on the right side. An emerald bracelet was around her wrist and an emerald hung from a black thin chain around her neck. Her shoes were black shiny flats.

We all looked at each other and smiled.

"We look FABULOUS." Catie said, striking a model pose.
"I, Caty, approve that message." Caty grinned.
"What will the guys think?" I asked.
"Woah, bro, do you see her? She's like, pretty and stuff." Kate said, imitating a guy's voice.

We all burst out laughing to where Caroline was in tears. "What'll the boys look like is the question." She exclaimed.

I had no idea, but all I know is we look gorgeous.