Lovable - Thor Odinson & Teen!Reader

Words: 905
Pairing: Thor Odinson & Teen!Reader
Warnings: panic attack, nightmare, crying
Requested by anon
Summary: You are the youngest of the Avengers, and with the stress of the job, you have panic attacks. Normally, you can work through them, but sometimes the most lovable Avengers are there to help.
Author's Note: I don't go into too much detail with the panic attack, but it does talk about it. I love how soft Thor can be.

*Edited*

---

You scrolled through your phone as you sat on the couch. The facility was lonely since most of the team was out on different missions, which may be a good thing. You weren't in the best mood and not feeling like doing anything. Steve had noticed this, so he advised you to take a break.

"It wasn't like I was going to go on the mission, anyway." You sighed to yourself. "I'm too young." You groaned as you scrolled through social media. The others that were still in the facility were busy doing other things. Resting up, training, or even some behind-the-scenes work, nothing you were in the mood to do.

"(Y/N)?" You heard a deep voice boom. "Ah, there you are!" You turned your head slowly to find Thor walking into the room.

"Hi." You said quietly, not really making eye contact.

"How is your day going?" He smiled as he stood behind the couch.

You shrugged. "Fine."

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Thor rushed over to sit next to you.

"Nothing, Thor, everything's fine." You broke apart your speech, which just made Thor more concerned.

"No," Thor started. "Tell me what's wrong, please." His voice sounded softer and worried.

"It's just a dream I had; It put me in a bad mood." You sighed, not looking at him.

"Tell me about it?" He asked you, not sure what to do.

You sighed and gave into telling him about your dream. "It was about the team..." You started.

The dream started with memories. You've been with the Avengers for a few years. You were found when the Avengers got ahold of HYDRA files, and they saw that you were on their radar. You were trained from a young age to fight, not like Natasha, but you were a fighter. And when the Avengers heard about you, it was made very clear that they had to get to you before HYDRA. Who knows what HYDRA would have done with a young fighter like yourself.

And it had all seemed normal at first. You remembered the few years you spent with the Avengers up until the present. But it took a turn, and you were shown a recording of the team sitting around a table, talking about you. There was no way to look away, and you were forced to listen.

The things you heard your team saying, they hurt. Being a teenager, hearing these things were hard on you. You didn't know what to do; there was no running away from the voices. You couldn't repeat the things that they said; it hurt too much. All it showed was that your team didn't care about you like they thought they did, and it made you break down inside.

Thor nodded when you finished talking. "I'm so sorry that you had that dream." He said quietly. "You know none of that is true, yes?"

You nodded slightly as breathing began to get harder. Your breaths grew shorter, and tears were welling in your eyes. "Are you alright?" Thor noticed a change in how you looked.

You tried to nod; you didn't want to scare him. But your body wouldn't let you nod or do anything. You just sat there, letting the fear overtake you.

Thor was confused as you began to hyperventilate and saw the tears going down your face. He tried talking to you, but it was hard.

Thor started to think. A few months ago, he saw this happening to you, but Tony was the one to help you. And later, he asked Tony what was going on.

Thor sighed in realization. "You're having a panic attack?" He asked, but he wasn't expecting an answer.

Thor put his arm around your back to hold you close to him. "I'm here, right here, (Y/N)." Thor started to comfort you. "It was just a nightmare, that never happened. We all love you, I promise." Thor continued.

You looked up to him with your shaking body and tear-stained cheeks. You couldn't get any words out, and your mind was in a million places- which made it hard to listen.

But you tried. You listened to what he was saying to you, no matter how hard it was. "We all care about you and love you. You're amazing and so lovable. We would never talk badly about you." Thor said quietly. "Take deep breaths." He said. "Follow my breathing."

"Breath in..." He counted to five. "Breath out." And repeated.

Thor calmed you down after a long period of talking to you and breathing. It felt like he was protecting you with his arms around you and how he spoke quietly. At times, he seemed to be one of the more scary and loud Avengers, but he knew the right time to let that go and be the loving friend you needed.

He grabbed you a glass of water and a tissue to wipe your eyes. After you took a sip of the water, Thor wiped the tissue down your cheek to get rid of the tears.

You took a deep breath to talk to him. "T-thank you, Thor." You said with a small smile on your face.

"You are most welcome," Thor told you. "You know we love you, yes?" He asked.

You nodded. "Yeah, it was just scary."

"We care about you so much, don't ever forget that. Everyone does." Thor reminded you. "We are here for you."