Contact - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1017
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark
Warnings: hurt/comfort, slight angst
Requested by anon
Summary: As a scientist, you are obsessed with your boyfriend's metal arm. Sometimes, that upsets him, and he isn't sure how to tell you about it.
Authors Note: I just love Bucky so much

*Edited*

---

You smiled as you held a grip on Bucky's metal hand as the two of you walked into the park and talked nonsense.

"I feel like I'm getting strange looks," Bucky whispered to you.

"Why is that?"

"I just feel like everyone around us is staring at me because of my arm," He shrugged.

You cocked your head and smiled, holding your hands up together. "Bucky, they might be looking at you because they recognize you?" You laughed a bit.

"Maybe that, too." He looked down.

"Bucky, is something wrong?" You asked, and began to mess around with his metal fingers. You had noticed that recently he was more reluctant to touch you, and pulled his hands away quicker.

"What?" Bucky's head snapped up to you, "Oh, yes, I'm fine."

You cocked an eyebrow at him, but let him get away with the clear lie.  "We should head back to the facility," You started, "Steve is probably worrying about us."

Bucky stifled out a laugh and nodded. "Let's go for a walk around the park real quick," Bucky stood up, "I'm sure Steve won't mind us appreciating nature."

"Yeah, that's a good idea." You nodded, and Bucky held out his hand to take yours. You laughed a bit and shook your head, and you lightly slapped it out of the way to grab his metal hand.

Bucky sighed, but covered it up with a smile, and started to walk with you. You didn't know that Bucky felt upset when you grabbed his metal arm, over the real skin, and began to remember when he first found out the love you had for his arm.

"Bucky, my bestest friend in the whole world, my protector-"

"What do you want?" Bucky interrupted you.

"Why do assume that I want something?" You asked, as if you were innocent.

Bucky cocked an eye at you, it was clear that he could tell that you were lying. "Come on, tell me." He crossed his arms.

You sighed, accepting defeat, "Fine, Buck, can I look at your arm?"

Bucky sighed with a laugh, "Sure, I just don't understand why you're so interested in my arm."

"It's just so interesting!" You grabbed his hand, a huge smile on your face.

He laughed as he shook his head, and he let you drag him to the lab. When you walked in, Banner and Tony were working  on another project.

"What are you doing with Barnes?" Tony asked.

You smiled, "I'm giving him an upgrade."

"What, rocket blasters from my shoulder?" Bucky rolled his eyes, and lightly punches your arm.

You began to look at Bucky's arm; you were so interested in his arm that it was probably bad. And when you were done, Tony came up to you. "So, when are you two getting together?" He sent a smirk your way.

"Tony, he's my best friend." You rolled your eyes.

But little did anyone know, Tony was right, and your friendship turned into a relationship.

--

A few days passed and you were sat on the couch watching a random movie. You weren't paying attention to anything going on in the room but the movie, and without even realizing it, you were playing with Bucky's metal fingers.

Unlike you, Bucky was aware of everything but the movie. He couldn't focus on the movie, only about what he was thinking of how to talk to you. He was freaking out on the inside, and every time he remembered you were messing with his metal fingers, he got more butterflies.

Bucky wasn't one to get butterflies, he rarely ever felt nervous. But when it came to you, he was scared of messing up everything. He didn't want to lose his best friend that had become his love, and he was scared of anything terrible happening after having a conversation that he was beyond scared about.

You two were the firsts ones to be ready, so watching a random movie on TV was easy. You had gotten so into watching the movie that time seemed to pass quickly.

"Hey, you guys ready for the party?" Steve came out to find you and Bucky on the couch. He could see it in Bucky's look that he was terrified of something, and he probably knew what.

"Yes! Let's go!" You shot up out of your seat and pulled Bucky up by his metal arm. But pulling Bucky up didn't work too well, he was like dead weight. "What is wrong with you?" You asked.

Bucky looked up to Steve slightly. "I'll wait for you guys outside." Steve nodded and walked out.

You looked back down to Bucky, and he stood up slowly. "I need to talk to you..."

"What's wrong?" You asked, scared for the answer.

Bucky took a deep breath. "(Y/N), why do you like my metal arm so much?" He asked under his breath.

You shrugged. "Well, I am a scientist. I find it amazing, all the things it can do. It's different than any other arm that anyone could get, and it really intrigues me. It's just so different and interesting." You tried to explain your thoughts, but that was very hard to do.

Bucky nodded. "Is something wrong?" You touched his arm, his real arm, and his head shot up.

He started to mutter inaudible words, and you grabbed his hand to get his attention. "You know you can talk to me, right?"

Bucky nodded again but didn't say anything. "Bucky, talk to me," You directed.

"I-I miss having skin-to-skin contact!" He blurted out in a whisper. "I know it sounds weird, but you always grab my metal hand and arm, and I just miss it..."

"Bucky," You started, "I had no idea you felt like that, and I'm sorry."

Bucky shrugged, not looking at you.

You wanted him to look at you. You lightly grabbed his chin and made him look at you, "I love you, don't be afraid to talk to me." You told him.

Bucky smiled. "Let's go to the party, right?" You gave a small smile back and grabbed his real hand.