SIXTY-SEVEN (EDITED)

I shake my head. "I'm sorry."

"It's quite alright, you seem distracted. I must attend to this message anyhow, we can continue our conversation another time."

He has no idea haw thankful I am for that. I need to speak to Harry, and soon.

"Thank you," I say. "Just let me know."

He nods and smiles and I exit the office, eyes sweeping the complex for Violet, but she is nowhere to be seen.

I need to get to Harry, quick. I've learned my lesson about not telling Harry things, and this is one damn important thing.

As I'm racing down the stairs to get back to our floor, someone grabs my wrist and jerks me to a halt.

"Going somewhere?"

I pull my wrist from Violet's grasp as her lips stretch into a smile.

"I...Just back to work."

"In such a hurry?"

I swallow, my heart pumping fast from rushing down the stairs and Violet's tantalizing stare.

I look Violet over. She stands with her arms crossed over her chest, her blonde wavy hair tumbling down her back.

If the Internet was correct, she's been to rehab and back. What is she possibly doing in Portland?

"You know who I am, don't you," She says.

I nod slowly.

She sighs. "Alright, if you've got a pen, I'll sign something for you, even though my agent told me to steer clear of fans."

I stare at her.

She looks at me expectantly.

"Wait...you think I'm your fan?" I suddenly remember she was on a daytime soap opera. I almost laugh.

"How else would you know me?" She chuckles dryly.

"I know you as the girl that broke Harrys heart," I say without meaning to.

Her eyes snap to me. "Excuse me?"

I take a step back. "Harry Styles," I say.

"He was in love with you and you left him."

"Of course I know who you're talking about," She snaps.

"Well, you weren't acting like it." I cross my arms over my chest, mirroring her stance.

"And if you've come here to try to entice him again, you're going to have to go through me." Violet stares at me. And then she bursts into laughter.

I furrow my brow, watching her as her velvety laugh rings through the empty stairwell.

"Something funny?" I ask, my cheeks flushing pink.

"I didn't come here to get Harry back, if that's what you're implying," She says, laughter dying down.

"Then why are you here?"

"I just got out of rehab for being a goddamn alcoholic, and my agent is forcing me to get a mainstream, boring job," She says resentfully.

"So, naturally, I come back to Crystal."

"Come back?"

"Oh, but didn't Harry tell you?" She smiles sarcastically.

"Crystal was my step father for about two years, before my mother got divorced again."

"How many husbands has she had?"