32~I Can Fix You

Though everyone said that she was so strong, What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on. - A Little Too Much, Shawn Mendes

   Valentino paced the length of my motel room. "Are you even aware of how many humans you have killed?"

   I looked up emotionlessly, "Your eyes are blue." I said bluntly. "I don't remember his eyes."

   Valentino stopped, "Stop thinking about my brother for one second, Araceli! You killed fifty-four humans in the span of almost six months."

   I grimaced, "How is that any different than murdering packs for crossing your territory? I survived, Valentino. I survived even after your brother, my mate, threw me to the wild. You cannot blame me for doing whatever is necessary to live."

   "This isn't living, Araceli! This is pretending that my brother did not hurt you more than anyone could. This is clinging onto the hope of a toxic relationship." His voice went raw with pain. "Please, Araceli. I can help you."

   I curled further into the dirty blanket, "I am fine, Valentino. Leave. You've been neglecting your duties as alpha to your pack for me. Just leave."

   A pained expression crossed his face, "Please, just let me help you." he whispered. "I can help you. Just come with me, Ara. I can help you." He whispered the words as if they were his prayer. That maybe, if he said it enough, it would come true. 

    I recoiled when he pressed me into his chest. I shook slightly in his arms. "You look like him, but you're not."

   He swallowed, "I'm not Vincenzo." he said. "I actually care about you." he continued bitterly.

   I placed a small kiss on his cheek, "Leave, Valentino, there is nothing for you with me."

   He shook his head, "You are coming to my pack, Araceli, end of discussion."

   I crawled away from his warmth. "Vincenzo won't like that." I murmured.

   He clenched his fists, "Vincenzo doesn't care less who you are with, Araceli." he boomed. "He doesn't care!"

   I whimpered quietly, "He does, he's just mad. He'll calm down soon."

   "SIx months. Six fucking months of no human interaction and you are reduced to this." he snarled. Valentino's blue eyes scanned the tiny room. "I've been looking for you since he kicked you out like an unwanted puppy."

   I pushed him away, "Don't do this, Valentino, don't be like him."

   He gritted his teeth, "Enough, Araceli."

   I can hear the crack as my neck is snapped.

~

   I growled slightly at the dull ache in my neck. "You son of a bitch."

   Valentino crossed his legs over the chair, "You're staying here until you're stable."

   "Stable?" I crooned. "Who is going to deem my stable? You? The man who cannot even find his mate will counsel me on mine? How quaint."

   He ran a hand through his brown hair, "A beta from another pack is visiting tomorrow." He spoke softly, as if talking to a terrified doe. "You can stay here if you want. Food is downstairs. I'll have the maids attend to you."

   I turned away from him and hissed, "You Erebus men are all the same."

A/N: Love the comments! We're almost at 10K I'm so proud! You guys are amazing!