Chapter 6

I swear I'm about to fall asleep at this desk, fam. The three musketeers are still wide awake watching whatever they are on my TV. I can't wait until I can lock them out my room again, and this time there's no way they're coming back in here.

"Don't do it, big fella!" Kevin yells at the TV.

"Ohhhhh." They all say at the same time and cringe. Then they start laughing. What are they watching anyway? As I turn to the TV, there are these two people with yoga balls. They run towards each other and the guy goes flying back into the door and breaks the glass. I quietly laugh in my little corner.

"Wait, wait, wait, did I hear correctly?" Kevin looks around at all of us. "Was the mistress of misery just l-l-laughing?" I roll my eyes once again. "Aye, if you keep rolling your eyes missy they're gonna stay back there." I flip him off and he puts a hand to his chest with his jaw dropped.

"You shouldn't have messed with the beast, Kev." Devin laughs. I try to put my head down and sleep but the TV is so loud.

• • • • • 10 minutes later

It's been ten minutes and I'm still awake. Why me? What did I do to deserve these idiots? I can't wait until they leave to continue their little tour. Peaceful mornings, quiet afternoons, and silent nights.

"She's such a peaceful sleeper." I hear Devin whisper right by my head.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I lift my head up and squint at them. They all back away with wide eyes.

"Damn you scared us." Kevin says.

"Maybe you shouldn't have been watching me sleep." I snap.

"Here, you should sleep on your bed." Kevin starts to reach out.

"Don't," I hold a hand up. "touch me." He raises his hands in defense and I walk to my bed to lay down.

"Just know I'm joining you later." He head-nods to me. As if.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up because I feel the bed dip and my covers lift up. I turn around and see Kevin freeze once he sees me staring directly at him.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?" I back up to the edge.

"Chill, I'm not gonna do anything. They got the carpet and the bean bag chair and I don't wanna sleep on the floor."

"Well too bad because you are." I snatch my blanket from him.

"Come on, please Nagely. It's cold down there and they're both asleep on my blanket."

"Fine, but don't make contact with me." I give him some of my blanket.

"You know Nagely," He starts to speak.

"No, shut up, I'm trying to sleep."

"Just one story."

"Fine, but after that no more talking." I take off my jacket and turn around so I don't face him.

"So I was nine and you were eight, and we were having a sleepover. I think it was at my house. We were playing with Shari. She would knock down our fort and scare us, and we built it back again. Now that I think about it, we built it back so many times. I don't know how we didn't get bored." Shari, I remember her. She used to play with us all the time. "But anyway, one of the times I left to go get something, and when I came back you wouldn't let me in. So I fell asleep in front of our entrance. Now, why does that sound so familiar?" He laughs and I do slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~

What is that? I wake up to Kevin massaging my scalp and playing with my hair. I take his hand by two fingers and toss it to him.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know I would wake you. You have really soft hair." That's it, I'm going to go shower. On the way there I trip over Devin's sprawled out legs. "You okay?" Kevin comes over to help me up.

"Don't touch me." I get up on my own and make sure I get all my clothes this time.

• • • • • 1 hour later

I walk out the bathroom and they're still in my room. Devin's sitting on my bed, Daniel's laying on my carpet, and Kevin's shirtless, drying his hair with a towel. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really enjoying the view.

"Like what you see?" Kevin smirks. I roll my eyes and step over Daniel. "Back at it again with the eye rolling I see." I ignore him.

"Woah." Daniel takes out his ear buds and sits up. "Damn ma, Kev was not lying. You're really, really pretty."

"Hey Daniel, how about you stop drooling and open the curtains." Devin throws a pillow at him.

"I can't help it," Daniel hops up. "I mean look at her." He walks backward to my window just so he can stare at me longer. Shit, I'm blushing. I try to turn around so they won't see me but Kevin was right behind me, still shirtless.

"Aw, you're blushing." He pinches my cheeks. "Ok, we need to commence in the next step for plan Rebound Issues. Opening the windows and changing the channel isn't helping fast enough. Any ideas, council?" Kevin folds his hands on my desk.

"We gotta go outside." Devin looks out the window.

"That's a very good idea but I'm pretty sure Nagely isn't going to do that willingly." Daniel nods to me. He's absolutely right. Kevin finally puts on a shirt and glances at me.

"I know exactly how to get her outside."