Chapter Five

"I'm only one call away, I'll be there to save the day..."

I showed up at Delaney's place later in the day. She texted me and gave me the okay to come over. It was around eight and apparently her friends, and Tyra's cousin were all going out for the night. Delaney lost rock, paper, scissors to all the girls and was deemed to stay and babysit Tyra's cousin's child: Jake. Apparently, Jake had just turned a year old and he was a good kid. I guess Delaney had kept him a few times. Either way, I knocked on her door half an hour after the text. She opened the door with slightly wild hair. She was wearing a basic black t-shirt and gray, baggy sweatpants. I loved how she didn't try to dress up just because I was coming over. She looked good either way, anyways.

"Glad you dressed up for me, darlin'," I decided to kid with her. She rolled her eyes at me and raised an eyebrow up at me. I wasn't sure if she was acting like she wasn't impressed or if she was joking. I stepped inside the house and put my arm around her. "Come on. I'm just kidding. Smile, darlin'. You were gorgeous yesterday and you're gorgeous right now."

Delaney laughed and pushed my shoulders. "You're a real softy, Andy. All I have to do is pout and you'll be apologizing. What a romantic." Now, it was my turn to roll my eyes at her. She giggled and grabbed my arm to pull me fully into her apartment. She had the place decorated to the tee. It looked really nice and I could tell she had money. Her parents must've been stacked since she was just a jobless, pre-med student. I followed Delaney over to the couch where an adorable baby boy was sitting in front of. He was on the floor playing with his toys while giggling. "Andy, this is Jake." Delaney picked up the small guy and then moved his hand so he could wave at me. "Say hey to Andy, Jakey."

I laughed at how the kid frowned up his face and turned away from me. "Aw, come on, she's not that ugly, kiddo," Delaney joked.

"Ha, ha, very funny," I told her sarcastically. She sat down on the couch and I sat down beside her. "So, about our text message. First, what's truly your favorite song? Second, do you really know Italian?"

"Why should I answer your questions? Are you a detective," I questioned with false suspicion.

"Yeah, I want to learn your favorite song so I can get you hard time for all the illegal sh-t you've done," she replied sarcastically as she bounced a giggling Jake in her lap.

"I don't have a favorite song. I really like rap, if that helps. I guess that's kind of cliché for a gangster, but it's my favorite genre. Also, my father always played old R&B records so I really like that too," I replied.

"Wow, you and I, Andy, we're the same," Delaney said dramatically. I laughed at her. "Seriously, it's the same with me. I grew up listening to what my parents listened to, which was like pop music so I really love pop. I really love all genres, but rap and R&B are my favorites. Who's your favorite rap artist right now? If you say Drake, I'm dragging you to the alter right now."

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. "I was going to say Kanye. I really like his new album, but Drake is definitely up next in my favorites. He's really good."

Delaney took a deep breath. "It's so good to talk to someone with good music taste for once. But back to my second question, Italian, do you speak it?"

"Bits and pieces. My parents are fluent so I know enough to hold down a basic conversation. My mom is always calling me testa di cazzo."

"That's cute."

"It means d-ckhead." I got a good laugh out of her for that one. She laughed so loud that she scared Jake. "What about you? You're fluent in Spanish, right? You were saying sweet things to me in our text messages earlier, I think."