chapter 4

We headed to a little pizza restaurant that Cole suggested. We all talked for what seemed like a few hours but turned out to be almost the whole night. I couldn't help but notice Dylan making himself seem far better than Cole. He really must believe that boasting about himself will make me like him better than Cole. Of course they didn't know I heard their conversation but I wasn't going to fall for Dylan because I trust that Cole cares about me.

"Hey y/n you have to come to my party this weekend!" Dylan waited for my reply looking hopeful. "Sure! It's been a while since I've partied" I replied laughing at how caught up in studying I've been. "As long as I get a plus one, I want to know more than one person there."
"Yeah of course, bring a hot friend for one of my friends." I smiled to myself, it might be best not to tell Dylan I wanted to bring Cole.

The store owner finally decided to kick us out so we left and began to walk back to the campus. We had to part with Dylan after Cole refused to let him crash in our apartment. "No way, you've got your own place; why would you need to stay at ours?" Dylan sighed and turned to me with his arms open wide. "Bye y/n!" I embraced his hug and he whispered in my ear "call me soon and you can drop by my apartment anytime" I felt him slip a folded napkin in the back pocket of my jeans. I saw Cole standing with his arms folded, looking at me with an expression that read 'wow really'. I pulled away from Dylan, smiled and waved him off.
-------------------------------------------------------
When me and Cole got back to our apartment we both dumped our things on the counter and slumped on the couch. I decided to flick through the channels to see if anything decent was on. "Uh y/n can I talk to you about something?"
"Sure" I replied turning off the tv and focusing on him. "Did Dylan give you his number?" I had completely forgotten about the note he gave me. I reached into my pocket to dig out the napkin. It simply read a phone number with three kisses underneath. Cole scoffed at it, I look at him confused waiting for him to explain himself.

"So what do you think of him? Are you gonna call?" He said finally. I laughed to myself a little, Cole sounded so concerned and the look of anticipation on his face was adorable. "No I don't think I'll call him, but I wanna go to his party" Cole looked a little relieved. "But as long as you come with me" He was taken aback by my request but agreed.

After getting ready to go to bed I heard a knock at my door. I got up to open the door for Cole. "Hey I'm sorry to bother you with the subject again but it's annoying me so much I have to tell you." I stepped aside to let him in and we sat on my bed facing each other. "What's wrong?"

Cole took a long breathe and started to ramble "you can't date Dylan; I'm sorry I'm not trying to be protective or anything but I know what he's like and I know you can make your on decisions but you don't know him like I do; I mean he's my twin and trust me you don't want to get too involved-"
"Cole stop its okay" I paused before confessing that- "I heard you talking to him in your bedroom earlier."

"Oh uhh-" He stuttered. "Look Cole, you don't have to worry about me and Dylan and thank you for looking out for me."
"Uh yeah no problem" he nervously smiled "so you heard the whole conversation huh?" We were both smiling nervously now. "You know don't worry about what I said, just forget it happened, I'm really sorr-". To stop him from rambling, I quickly lent forward and kissed him; taking us both by surprise.

________________________________
Vote, comment, share ❣