Chapter 2 - You Can't Be A Teacher

You can imagine Emily Rudd with red hair as Cassandra Ambers. Or anyone else you want to.
But someone with red hair.

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled at my former best friend, after reaching the Black Pearl restaurant and receiving a detailed explanation of why was I called at eleven pm. Not to mention the wallet which tagged along with me.

"It's his fault. Not mine." Cass whispered, clearly scared of my rage. She too, knows how much like Incredible Hulk I can turn into.

The people in this brightly lit and colourful restaurant had decided that our argument was much more interesting than the delicious food placed on their tables, at least it looked delicious. The atmosphere was tense and I did not like all the stares on us, but that didn't restrain me from lashing out my anger. I'm not exactly good when it comes to anger management.

The restaurant had many abstract paintings, something I admire and never get tired of looking at them, but my mind was elsewhere right now. It seemed to be a buffet restaurant as the food was neatly layed out on the table nearby with steam still visible above it. This eating house wasn't that crowded, but you could make out at least thirty people. There were around ten bamboo tables scattered in this big and very popular restaurant.

"Oh yeah? Then let me rephrase that, are you both kidding me?" I yelled, even louder than the last time. I was furious because of the insensible explanation they presented me.

"Miss..." Cass's handsome date paused. "Whoever you are. Please just stop screaming. My ears are gonna bleed if you don't shut up right now." Like I had described him in the picture in the previous chapter, he was just so damn hot. But rude and annoying too, which I got to know now.

Why are hot guys always annoying and behave like a jerk? It's like the cliché of every teen fiction in the market or on Wattpad.

Now you might be wondering what made my blood boil.

Two names.

Asher and Cass.

They forgot their wallets and had a three course dinner without any money in their pockets. Thus, I was called by Cass at midnight (OK, OK fine 11 pm) to pay the bill of their not-so-cheap dinner.

Amazing night I had, didn't I?

What kind of guy would forget their wallets on a date anyways? Guys like him, apparently.

"Oh, so Mr. Asher blames me for shouting to pay my best friend's date bill? At eleven fucking pm?" I yelled at him too. The only emotion I felt right now was anger. Pure anger.

Some counsellor I was.

"First off, my name's Ashford. Secondly, we're sorry. I'm pretty sure we've that mentioned that word like a thousand times before. Now, can you just pay and leave?" He said, not at all politely.

That little asshole. First off, they ruined my chocolate world dream and I'm also paying for their fucking dinner, then he even has the balls to be rude to me. I instantly hated Asher or whatever shit his name was.

I grumbled some curse words under my breath as I paid for their dinner. It definitely wasn't cheap. It was fucking costly.

"Hey Jess? I'll pay you back, OK?" Cass whispered to me.

"Nah it's fine. I'll manage." I shrugged, my anger towards her vanishing almost immediately. She has the best friend effect on me.

The different coloured lights of the restaurant had started flickering and by the time we made it outside, they were soon turned off. All the chefs and waiters left one by one but not before taking a glance at us.