Body Reunion

‘Valex,’ Suna said into the silence. He put his quill down and turned to attention.

‘Yes?’

‘Can I have a bath,’

Valex looked confused at the request but was more so stumped at the word that came next.

‘Please?’ Suna sweetly added.

‘Uh, Sure,’ he stood and extended his hand to her. She happily took it. Valex placed a hand gently on her shoulder and turned her around, he tied her hands behind her back gently, ‘Sorry, I have to,’ he said when he saw her face fall. He ran his finger over her thumb softly, before opening the door and checking the hallway. Empty.

He slid his arm around her waist and pulled her into him, out into the hallway. She felt her cheeks heat when he pulled her flat against him and she could feel his muscles under his top with her chest. He shut the door, grabbing her hands lightly he led her to the closest wash room, which was Valex’s personal one.

On the way he pointed out many cameras and speakers, stopping when he saw soldiers walking, explaining how to tell them apart. How they all have a specific mark on their uniform, and which belongs to whom.

The first years had a white strip around the edge of their uniform and clothing, like a beginner in a tae kwon do class. When their rank goes up, so does their colour.

‘The darker the strip, the more experience.’

The second years have a green strip. Third years have a red strip. Seniors a brown strip and the specialist wear black, unless, of course they choose otherwise.

The specialist soldiers are the only group aloud to wear whatever they want, whenever they want. If they are questioned on their uniform, have permission to show the questioner why they have none; which usually meant a brutal beating and a week in the dungeon.

‘As harsh as it is, everyone must know their place,’ Valex explained as he unlocked and entered his wash chamber, he pulled Suna in behind him. ‘If one gets away with something then they all think they can, which can cause disciple problem. Stuff we just don’t need, not at the moment.’

Valex untied Suna and handed her another one of his tops to change into when she was done. He pointed to the bath in the other room.

‘Sorry, but it’s all I have to offer you at the moment, I’ll get the seamstress to make you up some gowns when I see her next.’

Accepting the top she smiled, ‘No, its okay, really,’ She pulled the top against her chest, ‘I like wearing your tops, they fit like dresses and they smell like you...’ she said before she could stop herself.

Valex looked at her and she looked at him. A small smile crossed Valex’s face as he turned, ‘There’s a hairbrush on the sill, if you need anything else I’ll be over here waiting.’

He went and sat on a wooden chair next to the door. Suna opened her mouth then shut it again. Why had she said something like that, she felt like a complete idiot now. Now things would be weird again.

Suna decided to not worry about it and let the warmth of the water wash away her worries, for the time being at least.

She sunk into the bath, letting the water rise up to her neck then dunked herself under. She scrubbed at her body with the purple soap, hissing when it hit a still unhealed wound.

Rubbing the soap into her hair she decided it was time for a change. Washing her long black mop was a challenge considering how thick it was. She washed it with soap then found shampoo, one of the rare things they made in this ‘kingdom’.