Eight: Halloween.

Heading out of the Slytherin Common Room, I try to find Skye, and the others. But, I know they're all crowding around the Goblet of Fire, ogling at it's beauty, watching in jealousy as people enter their names.

So, instead of heading to breakfast, I decide to skip it, and head towards Hogsmeade. Perhaps I can just spend all day out there, avoiding the Goblet at all causes. It's going to take all my strength (And, probably Elliot's force) to make it to dinner tonight.

I make my way to Hogsmeade, keeping an eye out for people that would harass me about the Tournament. If I saw someone that I know would bring it up, I would steer clear from them. I had to duck into the men's lavatory, to avoid the Weasley twins.

The Hog's Head is nearly empty as I enter it. People, specifically younger students, stare at me, when they realize I'm here alone. I feel lame, but I pretend not to care. I head up to the counter, and order a butterbeer for myself.

"Boo!" Someone hisses in my ear, out of nowhere. I jump nearly a foot in the air. I whip around, my breath stolen from my lungs, to face Cedric Diggory, doubling over in laughter.

I stomp my foot in frustration, like a complete drama-queen. I give him a rough shove, and cross my arms.

"That wasn't very funny," I grumble, narrowing my eyes. He calms down, slightly, but still holds an amused smile on his lips.

"I would have to disagree..." He shakes his head, and I just turn around, ignoring him, "Oh, come on, Florence. It's Halloween, loosen up." He leans against the counter, beside me.

I take a deep breath, and try to collect myself again. He's right; Just because this stupid Tournament has my brain all jumbled, doesn't mean that I should take it out on others. If he would have done that on any other day, besides today, I would have found it just as amusing.

"You're right; sorry," I turn to face him, looking him directly in the eye, just like my father taught me how to apologize. But, instead of accepting the apology, like a normal person, he raises his eyebrows, and lets out a laugh.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day; Florence Lopp apologizing." He teases.

"Yeah, and you won't live to see it again, if you don't shut your mouth," I snap back, paying for my butterbeer.

Cedric lets out a hearty laugh, and follows me to an empty table, sitting across from me. People around us that were staring at me because I was alone, now look at me hungrily. They hope to see something juicy, like us share an intimate moment. Wouldn't that be something; A Slytherin and a Hufflepuff romancing?

I just let them stare, slightly enjoying the attention.

 "So, the talk of the school at breakfast this morning was you and Krum. What's that all about?" He asks, trying to be casual, but I see right through it.

"Why, does it bother you; me talking to another boy?" I ask, a smirk on my lips. I watch as his face turns cherry red, and he coughs loudly.

"Why would it bother me?" He asks, shrugging his shoulders. "You both are over-confident Quidditch players, so I'm not surprised," He comments back, defensively. Usually, I would have been offended, but watching him squirm in his seat was so much more satisfying.

I let him sit in silence, shifting around in his chair, for a little bit longer. The silence didn't bother me nearly as much as it made him uncomfortable. He clears his throat several times. But, I just sip my butterbeer loudly, savoring the moment.

"He sat next to me at dinner. I hardly consider that anything special," I finally break the silence. I watch as his shoulders drop, and his entire body relaxes. I hide my smile, by taking another sip from my mug.