Chapter 1: A New World

I had returned to my party's base after a visit from Wonderland, I had just gotten out of quite the battle with some playing cards. When I had entered the base in Daybreak Town one of my teammates, Zanna, approached me,
"Leaf! You're back! Uh... Oh! Codi said to come and meet up in her and Rucksack's room" she said. I nodded in reply and began walking. I saw more of my teammates, Poe, Phayne, Jax, and more. Finally I had reached Rucksack's 'office' and entered. Inside, Codi and Rucksack were talking.
"We have had quite the number of new recruits lately maybe-" Rucksack stopped when she noticed me standing there, "Ah... Leaf..."
Codi looked at Rucksack then me, "Leaf! Looks like you got our message uh Rucksack?"
"Yes so, listen..." Rucksack went over to a desk and picked up a piece of paper and walked over to me, holding it out. I took it and began to read;
Dear Rucksack, Leader of The Gups,
We have decided on the party that should send the 'scout',
you, please send you're best wielder to investigate this
marked world as soon as possible.

From, The Five.

"I know you haven't heard about this but, recently a new world has come into existence. One that even The Five Leaders don't have any information on. And so they have decided to send one wielder to investigate, find the light, and report back. So... we have decided that you should be the one to go"
I chuckled, "Really? You think I'm the strongest? What about Codi, or Hiruma?" Codi stepped forward,
"Aw thank you but you see, Rucksack and I are the only two running this party so if I were to leave that would leave Rucksack to work alone. As for why we chose no one else, well, you are the only one that isn't officially assigned to a world. You just go around world to world helping out the party"
"So we may think that it's time you see what it's like to watch over a world by yourself" Rucksack said.
"So I'm actually getting my own world?" I asked.
"Er... well no not exactly," Rucksack turned, "It's only until you find the 'Light' of the world and then once you come back, it'll be up to The Five to decide who will watch over the world"
"However, I have done some thinking and, the portal that we've obtained for you to go to this new world, it appears to be a one way gate" said Codi.
"A one way gate? That's a thing?" Codi looked up for a second,
"Well... it's actually never been heard of and I don't know if The Five know about this but if you go in, there may be only one other way back" She looked at me. I gave her a curious look. "In each world, there's supposedly a thing known as, 'The Keyhole' and that's what the heartless strive to find. However if you can find it, you may be able to have a strong enough power to open another portal back here"
"Why haven't I ever heard about these, 'keyholes'?" I asked.
"Because it isn't our job to find them, only to watch over the light's of the worlds. The keyholes are extremely hard to find and that's why only the elite wielders, chosen by The Five, search for them"
"Okay but why are they only sending one? Wouldn't it be wiser to send at least a whole party?"
"We don't know how they think... though I do agree but it would probably be better to follow them for now. All we need to know is... will you do it?"
"Remember, you may not be able to come back. Even if you were to find the keyhole it's a questionable chance" Codi stared at me. Her and Rucksack both awaited my answer.
"I'll do it, I'll find the light and come back" I said.
Codi smiled, "That's the spirit!" she said.
"Leaf," Rucksack spoke, "Before you go, you will be allowed to say your goodbye's to anyone you want before you leave. Would you like to?" I nodded, "Very well, Codi and I will wait for you to get ready. Go, fast"
I walked out and only went to say goodbye to the people that I actually worked with, Hex, Poe, Jax, and Phayne. They said they'll miss my help but for me to take care. Afterwords I went back and told Rucksack and Codi that I was ready.
"Okay, then, I'll open the portal then" Rucksack took out her keyblade and cast opened a gate, "Be safe Leaf" she said. Codi nodded at me. I began to step through it, waving back, before the gate closed. I was alone.