8

Enjoy
¤

"We have two days to spare before we launch the attack on Candor, what do you want to do?" Eric creeps up to me while I lean on the balcony above the entire city. "Cassia?" He snaps me out of my gaze.

"Maybe we can do something tomorrow but right now, I just want to walk on my own." I turn towards him and sigh. As much as I loved him, I knew he was heartless when it came to my kind. I left him with tears in my eyes but not before whimpering, "stop loving me Eric." I inhaled a breath then exhaled. I wished he wouldn't love me- someone could kill me and he wouldn't go mental on them. If somebody killed me now- he'd probably kill five people in return.

I hadn't eaten properly since the meeting involving Caleb Prior yesterday. I had completely lost my apitite. My mind told me to just run away with Four, Tris and the other divergents and Dauntless but Eric would come and find us anyway. I decided against running away and paced out of the Erudite building. I didn't know where I was going to end up but I just walked, for miles on end I just walked.

I walked past Candor without looking towards the Dauntless sitting outside. Quickly, I jogged past and covered my face. It wasn't likely any of them would know me but I had to make sure.

"Cassia." I hear a male call my name from behind. My whole body freezes when I recognise the voice. Callan.

"Callan?" I question as I turn to face him. Goosbumps take over my body. It had only been two days since our last encounter and he'd already changed as a person, he had more tattoos and his muscles were starting to become more prominent. "You look- different." I mumble.

"Yea well when you abandoned me at factionless once again, I went straight to the punching bags and let my anger out." He informs and I nod sheepishly. I'd left him behind, once again. "Tris and Four came here this morning." He whispers to me secretly. I raised my eyebrows and nodded. "Candor are holding trials for them tomorrow." Callan adds. "What happened to us?" He looks at me then, my bruises and long time scars.

I stop him speaking by pulling him into a tight hug. "Don't leave me again, please?" He pleads and tears fall from my eyes.

"Stay strong Callan, get away from Candor. Please just be strong." I pulled away, held back my cries and walked off. I had to leave strong, I couldn't be weak now. It was too late for sob stories. I look down at the bracelet Callan gave me and a tear drops from my face. I wipe it quickly and sprint past the Candor building. Four and Tris were inside there.

I stroll past most of the faction buildings with ease, it was a pleasurable walk- I listened to the birds chirping around me and smiled the whole walk. That was, until I came across Abnegation. I saw the carnage the Dauntless and Jeanine had created, the lives and families they broke up and destroyed. My breathing stopped and the only thing keeping me sane was Eric.

You saw him murder your own kind you idiot. I shook my head. No matter what he did I would ALWAYS forgive him. He loved me and I loved him.

I decided to head back to Erudite since I had nothing else to do. I walked around the building for a while, exploring different sections. I stumbled upon Jeanine's room and quietly listened outside as I heard faint speaking.

"So it's decided- we're advancing on Candor tomorrow instead. Now, what about the divergent girl, Eric?" Jeanine's voice wines.

"The divergent girl?" Eric questions.

"The girl you are obviously attracted to. The divergent girl we are willing to spare if you really feel that passionate about her." Jeanine starts and my heart stops.

"I just thought I'd string her along for a while until we needed to make use of her. You know, she could kill a few people for us if we gave her enough grief." Eric makes my heart sink then.

"Wait, so you don't love the girl?" Max pipes up now.

"Nope. Maybe I did before but not now, she's gotten way to same old- same old for me." Eric chuckles.

I couldn't help the cry that came out of my mouth, all the leaders probably heard me and I rushed off to leave the premises. I look back behind me and surely enough- Eric comes rushing out of the office. My eyes catch his for a split second, I shake my head then run.

There was only one place I could go.

One place I'd be safe.

With Callan, in Candor.

It was time to say hello to Jack Kang once again.