part ten

To Harry,

            I've been dreaming about you a lot lately. Well, they aren't really dreams, more like memories.

            Do you remember when we first left Hogwarts after our fourth year? I was absolutely heartbroken when Dumbledore told us not to contact you. I mean, we had just gotten together and though we were young, I knew then that I loved you. How could I not write to you or call you. I had literally spent that entire year writing to you, it was abnormal not to.

            Do you remember when we first actually went on a date? After nearly a year of being together, we went on our first date during our sixth year. It was such a memorable night. You were so awkward and slipping up on your words, it was so cute. I remember thinking to myself that night that no matter what happened, I would stick by your side.

            You are such a pure soul. You are filled with so much light, Harry. I know that you may never read these letters, but I want you to never let that light burn out. Don't let the darkness of this war dim your light. I beg of you, you are the light that will lead the wizarding world to peace.

            I love you, Harry, I love you to the moon and back. I will see you soon, my love.

            Sincerely,

            Atticus

            Atticus eyes reflected the night sky as she watched the blinking stars. They were wide with wonder and curiosity. But, if you looked close enough, you could see the fear she felt. A constant feeling that caused her heart to race and her mind to go blank. Fear that paralyzed her, yet pushed her to protect.

            Atticus sighed and folded her letter, placing it in a box with all of the others she had wrote. When she closed the box, she picked up the picture frame that was next to it. It was a picture of her and Harry in their sixth year. He had his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer and she had her arms wrapped around his torso, hugging him tightly. They both had wide, blinding smiles on their lips and love in their eyes.

Atticus had vividly remembered that day, it was her birthday. Ron, Hermione, and Harry had surprised her at her home. They stayed with her for the entire day, mainly because snow had trapped them inside. She remembered Harry slipping into her bed during the night and holding her closely to him. She remembered listening to his heart beat as he whispered sweet nothings to her. Atticus laughed silently when she remembered Harry meeting her parents for the first time. Her dad had stared down Harry and roughly shook his hand whilst her mother hugged Harry tightly, showering him with compliments.

Tears rushed down her face as she held back a sob. She longed for his touch, for his kiss. She longed to hear his laughter. She just wanted this nightmare to end.

She just wanted Harry.