Chapter Five: Falling For You

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @_Laurabell_ @Happyforever14 @cbreaz8100 @Life-is-a-Fairy-Tail and many more for the amazing comments! The support is well appreciated. I'm glad you guys love this book and my content, it makes me happy.

♫ Falling For You ♫

Natsu's onyx eyes locked upon the basketball rim. His gaze focused carefully on the net, looking at the backboard, thinking as if it were teasing him. He dribbled the ball smoothly against his hands, as they bounced swiftly between his legs and around them, returning to his hands. His lips formed a gleeful smirk as he rushed towards the net and dribbled in an incredulous way.

Everyone on the bleachers watched him in awestruck, as he jumped upwards. His arms stretching outwards towards the basket. He then dunked the ball—in his hands—into the net, as he hung onto the rim, hearing everyone cheer for him in astonishment. He then let go of the rim, and landed easily on the gym floor.

His teammates gathered around him, tackling him with their cries of happiness and congrats. Natsu smiled as sweat trickled down his forehead as he looked over to the bleachers to see the only person he wanted to see—Lucy. She saluted him with a smile and applauded for him, making his heart warm in delight just seeing her angelic smile.

He then walked to the bleachers towards Lucy. Lucy then stepped down from the bleachers and simultaneously, they both took another step and was finally face to face with each other, their smiles still decorated on their lips.

"Nice job out there. I didn't know that practice was that fun." Lucy laughed as she looked behind Natsu to see his teammates play fighting in a childish way. She giggled when their coach hollered curses and insults at them, but they disobeyed his orders.

"I didn't know you'd show up to watch me practice. I guess you couldn't get myself out of your mind." Natsu teased as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Lucy glared at him making him cower back in regret of his actions.

"I will kick you." She hissed as Natsu crouched down on the floor, hugging her legs, trying to prevent her from kicking him.

"Please don't, I love you." Natsu pleaded as he nuzzled his face on her kneecaps.

"Please don't do that, that is disgusting. I don't want your sweat on my beautiful legs." Lucy joked. Natsu got up and scoffed. He ruffled her hair, not even caring if he was going to get kicked, all he cared was that he was finally happy again.

"Okay, well I reek, so I'll meet you outside the gym entrance after I shower." Natsu winked.

"If you think I'm going to imagine your naked body in the shower while I'm waiting, then you fucking wish." Lucy laughed. Natsu pouted as Lucy sighed. Lucy kissed his pouted lips and smiled. Before Lucy could part away, Natsu quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and firmly grasped her waist, keeping her close to his body.

She melted within his warmth and affection as she draped her hands around his neck, deepening the kiss by pushing his head forward. They finally stopped, still not letting go of each other's touch, foreheads pressed together and noses nuzzling together. Both wearing a smile across their face, Natsu could feel his heart beat burst with joy, vice versa for Lucy.

"Wow, you really do reek." Lucy snorted playfully.

"Wow, way to ruin our moment." Natsu rolled his eyes and pecked her lips one last time. They bided their goodbyes as they parted their ways. Once Natsu walked into the boys' locker room, he was then bombarded with his friend Gray, who happened to throw a towel at his face.