part eleven

When Atticus, Ginny, Neville, and Luna gathered on the train preparing to depart from the shithole that was now Hogwarts, they felt relief. They felt slight happiness for once. But, just as quick as it came, it was gone.

The lights above the four of them began to flicker and the train suddenly stopped. It went silent as the friends exchanged frightened glances. Atticus stood up with her wand at the ready, the light still flickering.

"I'll be back." She muttered as she walked out of the compartment, joining the other curious students in the hall. She heard questions coming from all different directions, but when Atticus began to hear the frightened shouts and worried calls she instantly knew what was happening. She quickly rushed back, pushing other students back into random compartments and telling them to stay put. She dragged Ginny, who had left trying to see what was happening, back to their compartment and pushed her inside, following in suit.

"What? What's going on?" Luna asked frantically.

"I don't know, Death Eaters are on the express, I think they are looking for someone." Atticus replied back, trying to steady her shaking breath.

"What, do they think Harry is hiding on the train or something?" Neville muttered angrily.

No one replied and they sat in pure silence, praying to Merlin, hoping to avoid the wrath of the Death Eaters. Suddenly, their compartment door was ripped open harshly. Cloaked and masked Death Eaters stood at the entrance. The foursome sprang into action, sending curses and hexes towards them. They fought as hard as they possibly could, but the Death Eaters were stronger. Atticus watched as one by one her friends fell until she was the last one standing. She pushed even harder, sending any known hexes torwards until two of the Death Eaters marched forward and attacked her. They pushed her and kicked her until she was on the verge of consciousness. The last thing she could clearly see was two of the Death Eaters dragging an unconscious Luna Lovegood away.

When they reached Kings Cross station, Molly tackled the two girls into a large hug, sobbing into their shoulders as she stroked their heads. Muttering for them to come along, Atticus spared a glance towards a distraught Neville who was with his grandmother. She let tears fall down her battered face as she continued walking with the Weasley women.

To Harry,

It's December 17th i believe. Its been four months. Four months without you, Hermione, and Ron. Its been tough, but we've been getting through it.

I think we have been getting through it.

The Death Eaters stopped the train while we were coming back. They took Luna. This isn't right, Luna she's so kind, so pure, so innocent. She doesn't deserve this, God knows what is happening to her.

I should have fought harder, i should have pushed harder. I should have saved her. I should have done something. I promised you that i would protect Hogwarts. When i said i would protect Hogwarts, i also meant the people inside. Did i fail you?

I think i did.

I should go, I hear Molly calling me.

Sincerely,

Atticus

A/N:

are yall getting hype for this new book??? bc i am

until next time

xx