Chapter Thirteen

Okay finally a happy chapter because my characters need a break from all that drama. Song of the chapter is Collide by Howie Day. Also this chapter dedication is to Ang915. Your comments are much appreciated!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                             Jake

Date night came much faster than a perverted midget smacking a hoe while on the run. For the life of me, I was not nervous. I didn't know if I was supposed to dress up classy, street gear, or go somewhere in between. I went with causal because Danny through all my texts wouldn't tell me. 

Help! There's a terrorist in my room threatening to end my life and if you don't tell me what's going on tomorrow I may have little reason to live.

Tell him I said Hi.

Danny I think my suit was supposed to be dry cleaned only so I think I ruined it. Was I going to need this on our date?

You're not getting anything out of me.

Lillian and Heather are threatening to take me hostage because they want to know where you'll be taking me!

So dramatic.

You don't get it! They're girls! Fully capable of doing horrendous things!

That was pretty much how it went.

A button up shirt under a sweater vest made me look like a nerd so I tossed that to the side. I took up on my dads offer wear some fancy jeans, a pull over tanned sweater shirt that came with a zipper over plain white t-shirt. When I looked at myself in the mirror I looked maybe a year older. That was fine with me. All I had to do now was put on my shoes. A pair I bought for the occasion just the day before.

Both my parents were watching Pretty Woman at the scene Julia Roberts was in a red dress going to the opera. Well unless Danny planned to leave the planet with Capitan Kirk for the rest of his life, I still had to be back by midnight. That was my fathers orders and he rarely was the one that gave those around here. 

So as I waited I sat with them trying not to get any wrinkles. I declined the popcorn bowl. Come to think of it there weren't any opera houses near here. Besides that I don't think either of us even cared for opera. 

The sun was still up so there could be a wide range of things we could do at this time. I chose not to pace. I sat more with my parents while they ate, yes I am serious, mixed lettuce from a bag was what they chose to eat now. We got up to the part when Julia and Richard were playing chess.

The door bell rang. I looked to both my parents that didn't move. I thought that maybe they would want to answer the door to maybe give him a few words to bring their baby back on time. They still didn't move.

Sighing I got up to answer the door since my parents were not normal enough to do it themselves. 

There stood Danny and to my relief was dressed casual in a red polo shirt over a black shirt and blue jeans. Hey he was still prince charming enough for me! He even had a mixture of flowers in his hand he held out for me. My heart almost melted but I got my emotions back in check.

"No one's ever given me flowers like this before," I admitted. With that I reached out and gave him a hug.

He patted my back somewhat awkwardly when he said, "Your welcome."

Then my parents must have remembered what normal was because they were there.

My mom told him he looked good while my dad just shook his hand again.