33. The Other Devil

(Listen to the song above while reading. It's time for the 'Antagonist Playlist' to kick in.)

Meredith is standing infront of me

"So, you've finally figured it out that I'm not Daddy Charlie Knightley." Meredith laughs loudly in the silent forrest, causing a few birds to fly out of their nests.

I have a sudden urge to run and I find myself backing up. I crush a few leaves as I back away.

"Not so fast!" She presses her palm into a fist and an excruciating pain runs through my body.

I groan in pain as my body binds together rigid. It straightens on its own account and my arms are slapped against my hips.

"It was so very easy to lure you here...
The poor orphaned little girl who so desparately wanted to see her father." She walks towards me.

"I really wouldn't blame you for running into this forrest, though.
What I did was absolutely horrid but so wonderfully satisfying." She laughs as she circles around you.

"'Tis something I would have done...
We both are alike in severals aspects, afterall."

"I am nothing like you." I manage to say but it sends of wave of pain through my body again.

"Of course, we are!
Two orphaned little girls who got hunted down by their inner demons, the both of us have had our fair share of sorrows. Both of us ruined by the most important men of our lives...
Do you know the only difference...?"

I grit my teeth and am not able to make a reply.

Meredith narrows her eyes playfully at me and says,
"The only difference is that my father ruined my life and your brother is ruining yours....

What is you talking about...?

"And can you tell how Dylan ruined my life?" I look straight at her.

Now, it feels like my entire body is drowning and I have no resource of oxygen.

This sensation continues for a more few seconds when Meredith says,
"I'll tell you about that later....
For now,....
I am here to offer you a deal."

A deal with the devil herself...

"What deal?" I narrow my eyes at her.
This time, however, I don't feel any pain as I talk.

"Stop helping our beloved Henry in finding those memories." She stops circling and looks me straight in the line.

I cringe slightly at the use of our.

"And what would I get, then?"
I raise my right brow.

"No harm shall ever come to your family. You can have all that you ever wanted in these past seven years...."