1. Unwanted Visitor

Cold rushed in and wrapped itself around me as I opened the door. I clutched the towel tighter around myself as I went to the dresser. I hurry and dug my hand around before I felt the metal.

Before he could even speak, I spun around, gun pointed right at his head, "What're you doing here?"

He smirked, his green eyes flashing dangerously, "Learned a lot, haven't you?"

"Answer my question!"

He shrugged leaning against the open window, "If you come back, you'll never be able to leave again, you know that right?"

"Of course I'll be able to leave! I'll just bat my pretty eyes, force some water works and then I'm gone."

He sighed, "You don't get it.. Brick.. after he thought you died, he went crazy and when he found out.... Well I'm just warning you that you won't like what you see."

"I never like what I see, it's the downside with the job." 

"Oh yeah? And what's an upside?" He snapped, anger overcoming him.

It was my turn to smirk, "Getting rid of the monsters that go bump in the night."

He looked like he wanted to jump out and kill me right then and there but some how he held back and started taking some deep breaths. "You're smart, smart enough to know that things that seem black and white -always have a long list of grey in-between." With that said, he was gone. Leaving me with a gust of air.

I hurry and moved to the window, closing it and locking it this time before going and getting dressed for the night. 

*  *  *

"You okay there, B?" 

I looked up from the folder, meeting warm brown eyes. I sighed before letting a soft smile slip on to my face, "I'm fine Aaron."

"Then why haven't you even touched your coffee? I don't think I've ever seen you go a morning without drinking it, especially on a case."

I glanced down at the plain coffee mug, completely filled and now cold, "I'm an adult, I don't need you trying to babysit me."

"You just turned twenty-one and your still my responsibility. Besides, I was just making sure..." He snapped getting up from the rickety table and moving to his suitcase.

I let out a quiet groan, rubbing my temples, "I'm sorry for snapping at you like that.. Honestly I'm fine, I just want to catch this guy."

He tried to hold back a small smile but failed as he sorted through the things we would need for the stake out tonight. It was enough to know everything was back to normal between us. The only thing that didn't work was that I was lying. I wasn't fine, I was worried by what Butch had said last night. I hated to admit it but I was scared, scared that I'd be trapped up again, that I'd be controlled, that I'd get bit again. And what he said about Brick going crazy and then finding out something.. What if he knew I was alive? Also, what would I see? What could be so horrible?

I just needed to finish up this job as quick as possible and then get Aaron and myself out of here. 

Then I could breathe again.