Chapter 26 - She's On The Hunt

** Spoilers in comments, lol **

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Six ~ ~

Narrowing my eyes as I zoned in on the black wolf pacing back and forth in front of me, my body was aching in protest and screaming in agony to just stop already. My muscles were overworked and they felt string tight, like they would snap at any moment and I would lose all control of my own body, but I didn’t let any of that get to me.

Growling lowly, I watched his eyes sparkle with determination, he was determined to not let me get the upper hand and I was positive he would get his own way as well.

Within a split second, Saxon made the wrong move as he lunged forward at me. I dodged to the side with such speed, that within a blink of an eye, I found my own jaw and my teeth being lightly pressed around his throat. The kill shot. I wanted to grin like an idiot as I felt his body go ridged underneath my hold on him.

‘The mighty Alpha has been beheaded by his very own mate,’ I called out loudly, and rather proudly of my own mad skills.

Letting go of Saxon, I jumped back and grinned wickedly inside my mind, showing him how pleased I was with myself in this moment. His black eyes bored into mine, almost like he was glaring at me, which caused my jumping around to slow down until I was standing still.

Cocking my head to the side, I watched him, how on earth can he be mad at me for winning? Then again, he can be a massive sore loser at times. 

I was starting to get worried, thinking he was going to go all 'sore loser crazy' on my butt, but then he flashed me the biggest wolfiest grin I have ever seen him give me. 'Nice to know that you're not just a gorgeous face after all.'

‘Huh’ came my genius reply.

Saxon made a chuckling sound as he slowly walked forward, ‘It was a compliment Eva, just accept it.’                 

‘Okie dokie then,’ I mumbled and collapsed on the ground, stretching my tired and exhausted limbs out, ‘I'm just taking a winners breather.’

‘If this was a real battle, would you just collapse on the ground right after like this?’ Saxon’s gruff voice filled my head and I groaned with annoyance. Why is he so darn serious about every little tiny thing?

‘You need to chill out,’ I rolled my eyes, hoping he would go away.

‘Answer my question first.’

Growling lowly as I opened my eyes and looked over at him, ‘Yes, are you happy now? I would collapse on the ground if this were a real fight.’ I really wouldn’t, but it was a stupid question to begin with, and a stupid question deserves a stupid answer – it’s the law. Everybody knows that.

‘Well you might want to get up, were going to have company soon,’ he grumbled and sat down on his hind legs, just staring at me.

‘Who?’ I couldn’t’ smell any unwanted scents.

‘Did you forget about the whole mind link thing?’ He asked, and I just stared at him blankly, not getting his point. Saxon shook his head slightly, ‘You’re brothers realised they could no longer connect with you-,’ that was as far as he got when I cut him off.

‘Holy mega what! How could I forget that? I'm so dead! They are going to kill me!’ I started screaming inside my head, a panic of emotions swirling through my body, replacing my feeling of exhaustion as I leapt to my feet, ‘Come on! Why are you just sitting there?’ I asked in panic as I started heading for the trees while Saxon didn’t move a muscle.