Chapter 36

In the best works of fiction, there's no mustache-twirling villain. I try to write shows where even the bad guy's got his reasons~Lin-Manuel Miranda

Dedicated to Mattie37, for the wonderful votes and comments. Plus, you like ATL and The Flash, so you're automatically accepted in my book. Thank you!

Siena

Trying not to die on a daily basis is something that may seem quite simple to a lot of people. Often, keeping yourself alive is an automatic thing, something that wouldn't even cross the mind of a normal person. But that's to assume we're all normal. For me, trying not to die seems simpler said than done, for the obvious reasons, but also for reasons of my own doing. I'm often the one who puts herself into perilous situations for fun, kinda like a lot of the heroes in the books that I read.

A day where I don't put myself into mortal peril seems boring, to be quite frank. Unfortunately, today seems to be one of those days. I haven't done anything interesting, besides finding one of the clues, and we haven't even fought with anyone yet. It seems like this quest is to bore people to death.

"The next place to go is a structure that rises above, where steel monsters thundered above. For now in your time, it is a place of green, but before when I lived, there was smoke and steam. You must find the love of the feline kind, the one that they adore, no matter the time." He read, tracing his fingers over the clue.

I clenched my jaw and resisted firing a few blasts to the panel. I was sick and tired of this, sick and tired of having to repeatedly figure these things out. It is so much easier to be the villain. You can steal things and everyone expects you to. But being the moral hero makes you have to figure out everything along the way. It sucks.

"Ok, this person can obviously time travel." Warrior observed. "He tells us things about our time, when he saw they were to discover this, but when he lived it was something entirely different."

I leaned over the railing again, the desire to jump deep inside me. Warrior pressed the panel, and it slid back into place, hiding the clue.

"Is everything ok?" He murmured, coming to stand next to me.

I let out a heavy sigh and put my elbows on the railing, leaning forward. "I'm just getting really tired of figuring everything out and rushing to save the people. I know, it makes me sound horrible, but believe me when I said it was much easier to be the villain."

He opened his mouth to reply, but just then, the sound of screams drew our attention, coming front the front of the building. I leaped off the railing and landed on the concrete ground, sending spikes of pain up through my legs for landing roughly. I ignored them and ran the front of the building.

Gemini was standing there, identical smirks on their faces. Behind them cowered a group of school children, no more than five years old. Laying on the ground bleeding, was a young woman, no more than 25. She wasn't hurt badly, but struggling to get up under the force of Gemini wasn't going to work.

I felt rage rush through every cell in my body. Kids, you do not touch. I don't care who you are, putting the lives of children in danger is not ok, no matter who you are.

I teleported in front of her, startling back the crowd. I stood between the teacher and the Gemini, and faced 1, head on.

"Well hello there." She sneered, keeping a calm cool collected look on her face. "Pleased to see you were here for the show."

"Let them go." I said, cold ice making its way through my every word.

"Hmm, how about no." She snickered, sending back a sonic blast do push them further away from me.