Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems

Ajani Turner

My eyes slowly opened and I sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room. It took my awhile to realize I was at the new house and the fact that my bedroom was practically empty minus the new bed and the flat screen. Pushing the covers off of myself I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face to wake myself up.

After awhile I ventured downstairs while pulling my hair up. I heard Kaine's voice as he talked lowly to Aaron and when I came around the corner they both looked up at me. I walked over and hugged Aaron tightly before even acknowledging Kaine.

"Happy birthday, I love you" I said causing him to laugh before returning the I love you. When I let go of him I noticed he was holding the gift Kaine had given to him and he excused himself before leaving out of the kitchen.

Kaine grabbed my arm and pulled me down on to his lap and I wondered when he'd even gotten home. Judging by the plain t shirt he wore, the gray shorts and the bags under his eyes he hadn't been awake for that long either.

"I'm so hungry, I fell asleep before I could eat" I half laughed covering my face. I looked up at Knox who was dabbing in the high chair while eating his fruit. Kaine remained silent as he kissed my neck silently telling me to relax.

"I'm here now, there's a lot we need to talk about" Kaine said kissing my shoulder attempting to butter me up. He tapped his leg slowly and I picked up his glass of water and took a few sips from it.

"Why are you acting like how you use to act when you'd like a girls picture on Instagram because you figured I'd be mad? Just tell me what's going on, is Moriah okay?" I questioned and Kaine nodded.

"I'm thinking about faking my death in the near future it's too hot to do it now without that detective or the Feds catching on but eventually. I don't want any traces, we moved out of the city and for the most part nobody except our inner circle knows where we stay" he explained and I was silent for a moment.

"I think you should wait and really think about this because it's a big decision and you'd be giving up a lot. Bwoy, let's make that plan B okay?" I questioned and he nodded as I leaned down and pressed my lips to his and hugged him tightly while he fake groaned.

Kaine opened the bag of breakfast he'd picked up and I grabbed the first container and opened it up revealing the bacon causing me to frown and pass it to Kaine as I moved from his lap and occupied the chair next to him so he had room to eat.

The next container I opened had French toast and I immediately picked up a piece and bit it before giving the half that remained in my hand to Knox who had begun reaching for it.

Kaine's phone started ringing and an unknown number flashed on the screen. He looked down at it before he ignored the call and grabbed a fork from the bag.

I watched Knox bite into his pancake and start bobbing his head like he was drunk. When I nudged Kaine and pointed it out he began to laugh wondering what the fuck was up with him this morning.

"Sometimes the food be that good and you just feel so good about yourself" Kaine stated. When Knox noticed us watching him he began to laugh with a bunch of food in his mouth.

Knox eventually stopped and returned to the movie he was watching on Kaine's iPad. I was beginning to relax and enjoying the peace and quiet until I heard a really loud engine like a bike or something and when I looked at Kaine he looked down at his plate.