CXXVII - Mohinder

This is long af guys

Enjoy :3

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Twenty-Seven

"You should move along," Tristan said, giving them a patronizing smile. "You're not welcome here."

"Oh. Oh, okay," Klaus said. "We're-we're not welcome here!" he laughed, then plucked a glass of champagne off of one of the nearby trays that a waitress was holding. "Or maybe you should move along before I make you cry in front of all your little friends!" he burst out laughing again.

"My concern is for your companions," Tristan stated. "They appear out of sorts without a shiny pole to writhe upon."

Lucien looked over at the woman dressed as a skeleton bridge. "Ohhhhhh, he's suggesting that you're exotic dancers! Which, to him, is an insult," he gestured to the burlesque dancers that had stopped working so that they could watch the current situation. "If not hypocritical. But, don't take it personally, love. He finds all work demeaning. The only dignified way to accumulate wealth is by birth," he said, then leaned forwards and tapped the end of Tristan's nose with his index finger. "Boop!" Klaus couldn't resist laughing hysterically at the action. "Isn't that right, Tristan? Hmm?"

"Niklaus," Elijah stated, and moved into the crowd before I could somehow warn him that Klaus and Lucien were just distracting everyone. I couldn't say it out loud, the other vampires would hear.

"What is it?" Klaus said, after turning in an ungraceful manner to find the voice that had spoken to him.

"Oh, you're hammered," Elijah rolled his eyes as he came up to him. "Which should come as very little surprise to anyone here, but it does hamper the festivities somewhat. So, could I recommend that you find the nearest exit?"

"Just..." Klaus whispered, looking over to the door that Elijah gestured to.

"Yes, and could you take your playthings with you, too?" Elijah said, somewhat impatient.

Klaus shoved his champagne glass into Elijah's hands, and I saw the expression that he gave his brother. It was one that basically said, 'trust me and keep quiet'. He walked further into the ballroom.

"You know, I used to find it insulting that I was barred from your special little club. But now, I realize that I lack the flexibility to become a member. I could never get my head far enough up my own ass," he said, bowing drunkenly while Lucien burst out laughing and Elijah and Tristan exchanged annoyed glances.

Klaus took the glass from Elijah again, drinking the rest of it and handing it back to him. Afterward, he made a disgusted face at Tristan. "Cheap," he sighed, talking about both the drink and Tristan. He turned to Lucien and the others. "Come on, let's go. This party's dead anyway," he said, and they all turned to leave, howling and laughing loudly as they did.

A little later on, when it was close to Marcel's deadline, he took my arm and led me over to the bar.

"Can I have a pen and paper?" Marcel asked the bartender, and he nodded.

He handed him a tiny notepad and a pen out of his pocket, and Marcel wrote down a message for me. He wrote down what he wanted to say so that the vampires couldn't hear us. We both knew that they were paying a great amount of attention to us.

It read, "I'm pretty sure that Mohinder is going to be my opponent. He feeds on his opponents before he kills them. Is there any way that you can make my blood poisonous, just for a few hours?"