Could He?

"Daddy." I mumbled as he anxiously walked around the farm, as if he were losing his mind.

"What bails? What?" his tone was really aggravated.

"What are you doing?" i asked sweetly, hoping he'd turn back into his nice daddy tone.

"I'm busy, won't you get on in the house. Right now, go on." he directed me. I stood there, just wanting to be with my daddy. The one who was nice and didn't yell or freak out.

"I said go on, right now bailey!" he yelled at me.

"I don't want to." I answered him back.

His eyes got wide at my answer, and he walked closer to me as I stepped back "I wasn't asking, young lady. You get in that house before you get yourself a whopping, understand me?" he rudely told me, pointing his finger in my face.

"I just want my daddy back! You're so different now and I don't know why! I miss you and it's like you never have time for me." I screamed at him with my immature voice.

Then I felt teeth rip through my neck and sever the flesh from the bone, as I screamed in utter pain.
As my daddy stood there.
Looking at me in disappointment.
The whole time.
Not even helping me.

I felt a pair of arms around me, and shaking.

Then I woke up.

I kept screaming, and I felt a hand over my mouth. I finally made out Carl's face.

"What?? What's wrong?!" he yelled in a hushed tone. I regained my sanity and stopped screaming. I fell into his arms and cried even more. He wrapped his arms around me, tightly and stroked the back of my sweat drenched hair repeatedly "shushing" me.

"I have these dreams." I broke the silence after a couple minutes that'd I woken up. I sat down on the bed, as Carl was further under the bunk with me, with his back against the wall.

"What happens in them?" Carl asked me.

"They're flashbacks.. Back at the farm.. But in the end before I wake up.. I'm always attacked by a walker." I wiped more falling loose tears from my face.

"It's not real, bailey." he told me, pulling me closer to him.

"The flashbacks are." I looked down at the ground, wanting to spill more tears.

"Come here." he pulled me in more, and wrapped his arms around me once more.

" If I'm sick, then you're sick now." I laid my head into his chest He pulled my hand up to his forehead.

" Warm? Am I coughing? No. " he smiled, as I smiled too.
Keeping my head still in his chest.

" So we're not sick, But that doesn't mean other people aren't. " I lost my smile.

"Back at the farm.. My dad told me, before he gave me the gun That People were gonna die. He was gonna die. My Mom.."

"And that There's no way I could be ever be ready for it." I stroked his bangs from his eyes, and kept quiet because I didn't know how to respond to that more than true statement.

"It's about 4 in the morning right now, get more rest. I'll wake you when I need to." he smiled at me, receiving one back from me. I laid my head back into his shoulder, signaling I wanted to sleep in his arms. He tensed at first, but got my message and let me do so.

After a couple of hours of me finally sleeping peacefully, I heard a sweet soft voice. I wasn't carol's voice, but Carl's. He cued for me to wake up in the most relaxing voice. "Now it's time to wake up." he smiled, flirtatiously.