xxv; team hayley

xxv; team hayley 

It was a week later, and Dan still hadn't gone home, and both him and Jimmy shared a hotel room downtown, since both had people they never wanted to face again, people they wanted to leave behind. His phone kept chiming from the side, and when he got the energy to reach over and check it, he looked over the room to Jimmy. "Analise." He said, and then pressed a button, holding the phone to his ear. "Yo, I just watched the first season of Arrow, so... Does this mean I'm Diggle? Who's Felicity? If you're Felicity, what's that make Jimmy? Thea?" 

"Please stop rambling to me, you're hurting my ears, and you sound like you lost all intelligence you already had." Analise managed to say, pinching the bridge of her nose, "You're officially being kicked off Team Hayley." 

Dan leaned his head back slightly. "What does that make Phil? Wait! Ana, you can be Tommy!" He exclaimed, and sat up, eyes sparkling. "Jimmy's Felicity then, and I'm Dig, and Hayley's The Hood." He shifted a little bit, letting one hand fall into his lap, and then blinked his dark eyes and added: "Do you actually need anything?"

Analise hummed, and then she moved, the phone crackling over the action. "I need you to meet Hayley at the address I'm sending you via email in gear, and then send Jimmy to the second address, it's our new base." There was a small pause, and then she sighed. "Our base is not from Arrow, you can't call it some silly name. Anyways, I've gotta go, call came in, we've got a body." Then the line went dead, and Dan frowned, looking to Jimmy. 

"Dude, we've got ourselves an Arrow Cave." He blurted out suddenly, and Jimmy groaned, leaning back, hands over his face.

"I hate you." He mumbled.

  →→→  

"You lied to me," Benji announced as he crossed the room, picking up his goggles to make sure they weren't scratched, before he pulled them onto his head, pushed them above his eyes. "I wasn't a poetry student in Uni, I studied English." He looked to where Phil was on a bench, watching him work, and gave him a scowl. "You're such an ass, you never listen to me."

Then Phil looked to his hands, and he exhaled, closed his eyes and remembered his brother that he'd lost, the way he'd met Benji in the graveyard when they'd been kids. "Benji, I'm listening. You believed me for ages though, I said that when Dan didn't know who I was." He hopped off the work bench, and sauntered towards his best friend, throwing an arm around his neck. "You know, I saw your old crush at the park yesterday. Kara McLean, man, she grew up even hotter."

"Ew, uh, get off me." Benji said suddenly, and swat his friend away, "Kara McLean was my cousin." He enunciated, and then shook his head. "Kiera Leonnes was my old crush."

Phil blinked a couple times. "I think Mikey from Science banged your cousin back when we were in high school." He said blankly, and then shuddered, tucking his hands into his pockets, watching Benji's face twitch, before his expression fell to complete disgust. 

"Mikey the Mathlete? Damn, he had game!" Benji complained in a whiny tone, and then his lips fell into a straight line, and then he snorted, saying: "Where do you think he is now? Making iPhone's for the rich?" 

Phil sighed, and then admitted, "He's a millionaire, man, Mikey grew up better than us." 

"Oh," said Benji, "Dude, we need to go make friends with Mikey, he could get us like, the best guns. We could shoot your boyfriend, or better yet, hire someone to shoot him."

Baffled, Phil looked to his friend, and then shook his head. "I forgot, you're freaky." He muttered, and pinched Benji's nose, hard, earning a whine from the boy. "You don't shoot people you think are hot, Benji, you like..."

"Pull a Mikey?" Benji offered, "Rock 'em with your mathlete skills."

  →→→ 

there's actually going to be something interesting next chapter, i pROMISE