...

I was kind of relieved that the play was finally over. We had been rehearsing it for months, I was getting sick of it. Still, I'd enjoyed the experience and actually performing it had been better than I thought it would be.

The only problem I had with the performance was that it had been on a Friday. That meant I couldn't have stayed around Gerard's house. He preferred we stuck to the weekends when it came to the physical part of our relationship but that didn't stop me from trying to convince him otherwise.

I obviously didn't give a shit about school so staying over on a weekday was no problem for me. However, Gerard didn't agree with me on that part. Didn't stop me from trying though.

I had been hoping that since the performance was on a Friday, Gerard might have let me stay round on the Saturday instead but when I had messaged him about it, the response I got was this:

"I regret to inform you that the concept of you staying over this weekend has to be denied. I have a lot of work to do and you should focus on your studies."

Not even a kiss or anything? Something was up.

I hadn't been able to talk to him since Friday when I had helped him set the room up. It had obviously been too hectic around and after the performance so I hadn't bothered to try but I was beginning to regret that.

I messaged him a couple more times that weekend but he didn't reply once which was unlike him. Even if I had only messaged him out of boredom, he always replied. What was going on?

By the time it was Monday morning, I was a little skeptical about how he was going to act. This prolonged silence had never happened before. Was everything still the same?

I was probably just overthinking everything like an idiot. Everything was fine.

Drama basically consisted of Mr Way saying how well we had all done and giving us some initial feedback. I watched him carefully and he smiled at me as usual but then again, he smiled at everyone. This just reminded me of before we had gotten together when I was unsure if he felt the same way. He was good at hiding his feelings.

When I headed back during the free, I thought over the performance from the week before. It was strange that such a big thing we had been working towards for so long was over in the matter of hours. What was next?

Gerard was standing over his desk when I entered the room. He was ruffling through some work and his desk looked a lot less tidy than usual.

"Hey." I stopped a few feet away from it.

He didn't look up; just continued with his looking. "Good day."

I felt awkward for some reason. "You okay?"

"Naturally," He replied with a slight huff, "And yourself?"

From hearing the tone of voice he was using, I definitely felt out of place. Maybe he had just had a bad weekend and was still getting over it.

"Um yeah, I'm alright."

He didn't say anything else and I couldn't think of what to say so it just stayed silent. That was until he sighed loudly and dropped down into his chair with a thump.

I stared at him in confusion and watched as he rubbed his eyes and sat back.

"You're not okay then." I noted quietly.

"How observant of you." He didn't move his hands from his face so his voice sounded slightly muffled, "Perhaps you should leave me be."

I frowned, "What? You want me to go?"