Nighttime talks

I instantly didn't like how the dorms felt the second I stepped inside, the others behind me probably feeling the same way by the looks on their faces. It was so empty here, so gray, and it seemed more like a prison then a sleeping area.

"I call top bunk!" Tobi exclaimed, running over to the nearest of the two bunk beds and climbing to the top.

I climbed up onto the top bunk opposite from Tobi, the beds just as uncomfortable as I assumed they would be, my face turning into a look of disgust as I actually laid on it.

Preston and Vikk made eye contact for a second before they chose beds, Preston going under Tobi and Vikk claiming the bed under me, quickly disappearing from my line of sight. I looked over at the other guys, watching as their facial expressions changed to that of disgust as they felt how rough the beds actually were.

"You would think they would give us better beds you know, I mean if they expect us to wake up at five in the morning they should at least make it so we actually fall asleep before then." Tobi muttered, trying to get comfortable on the bed and changing his position every five seconds.

"Innit?" I replied, laying down on bed and trying to see if there was a spot where the mattress wasn't as hard.

"Come on its not that bad." Preston smirked, easily getting comfortable on the rock of a bed.

"Yeah, that's only because you're used to this, I could actually afford a bed." I replied, changing my position so I was facing Tobi and Preston instead of the wall.

I heard someone gasp, and looking behind me I could see Preston glaring, his face getting increasingly red with anger as time passed.

"Yeah, we'll at least when I fell asleep I slept knowing my family was still healthy while yours are rotting in the dirt." He spat, laying down and avoiding my gaze. I sat on my bed shocked, my eyes growing wider as he finished. I could see Tobi looking at me with complete and utter shock, his eyes growing wide as we spat insults at each other.

"Listen here farm trash, at least I do-" I started, my face literally fuming as I talked.

"No, both of you shut the fuck up and get a fucking grip. Look, you guys were suppost to be a fucking team and you guys are here insulting dead family members. That's honestly fucked up. Now look, I'm going to go to sleep, I suggest we all do the same." Tobi interrupted, breaking our fight apart almost as quickly as it had started.

Vikk, who had pretty much fell silent the whole time during the fight, got up from the bed and entered my line of sight. His fingertips grazed the light switch, turning off the pathetic little light we had for our room before laying back down.

Everyone feel silent, the darkness engulfing us whole as we laid there, someone shifting every so often to try to get comfortable. My mind was away, thinking about the fight between me and Preston a few minutes ago.

Man, did I hate him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep.

Maybe back we of the excitement of it all, the rush of being called in the center stage, the train rides, the camp, everything. Or perhaps the fear of nightmares that I would surely have if I closed my eyes, my worst fears at the moment being able to play out in my head like a movie. It felt like years ago, when in reality my fate was sealed only hours ago.

Or maybe I was to tired to sleep. My eyes to heavy to fall, my mind to tired to actually fall asleep. There was a point where I tried, tried counting, tried humming, tried thinking about things to help me fall asleep, but clearly that didn't work, my eyes still gazing off into the nothingness of the room.