Kind Of In Love With You [Minishaw]

A night out with the Sidemen is what Harry needs, but spending the entire time staring at the love of his life with somebody else isn't how Harry had planned to spend the night. Simon longs to tell Harry how he feels, but he's scared that the younger boy won't love him back.

Word Count: 2686 Words

~✖~

What hurts the most is having to see the love of your life clearly flirting with someone else every time you look up. Harry sighed, ordering another drink from the bar.

He continued to glare at Louise, who was dancing with Simon. Harry fucking loved Simon. He loved him so much. No matter how hard he tried to deny it, he was only lying to himself.

The fact that Simon and Louise were together killed Harry. He wished he was the one Simon loved, the one Simon looked at with so much loving and affection. He often longed to grab Simon, throw him against a wall and cover his neck in soft love bites. Of course it would never happen, and it pained Harry to know the truth.

Harry slammed his glass back onto the bar, a lot more tipsy than the previous few times he'd finished his pint. "I saw you looking," said Simon with a smirk, approaching Harry who had lost count of how many beers he had consumed in the last couple of hours. He jumped when he saw the older boy standing next to him, and his hands began to get sweaty.

He looked up as Simon walked over to him and sat down on the stool next to him. Harry shrugged, looking down at his drink. "Yeah, well, I didn't know where you were."

Simon chuckled. "You found me like five times." He lifted his hand and waved down the bartender, asking for another drink. Giving a quick thumbs up, he dropped his hand back on the counter and glanced at Harry. "Have you just been sitting here all night?"

Harry took a sip of his drink and shook his head. "No. I was sitting with everyone else until you went to the dance floor with your lady-lover. Josh went to a booth with Freya and her friends, Tobi and Ethan are doing shots with some other girls, Vik went outside to call for a taxi, I think, and fuck knows where JJ's gone. So I've been sitting here since then."

Simon nodded. The bartender placed his drink in front of him. He chugged it down in one swallow and loudly dropped it back on the counter. Harry couldn't help but smile and hardly registered the words Simon was saying to him. His eyes were fixated on his lips.

"Si, I think we're going now," Louise approached the pair. She turned to face Harry, her expression turning into something of disgust. "Oh, hey Barry."

Harry's smile slipped straight off his face. "It's Harry," he muttered under his breath. He honestly didn't know what Simon saw in her - she's so fake, it's like she's a different person when she's with Simon. Her voice is so irritating that it rings in your ears for hours after she's spoken to you – or in Harry's case – shouted at you.

Harry didn't know what she had against him, yet he wasn't really that bothered. He wasn't exactly her biggest fan either, and preferred to ignore her than attempting to speak to her. 

"Harry, you coming or not?" Simon asked. Harry snapped back into reality and nodded, before sliding off his bar stool. He fixed his eyes to the ground, not wanting to look at Simon and Louise's entwined hands. Simply just the sight of them together made his stomach churn with jealousy.

"About time," Vik sighed, propping up an extremely drunk Ethan. "The taxi is over here." JJ was stood next to where Vik was, talking to someone on the phone, while Tobi was sat on the ground beside him.

Harry rolled his eyes at the sight of Simon and Louise seemingly eating each other's faces off before the blonde girl made her way towards an awaiting car.