Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I’m sitting on the edge of my bed tracing my finger around the C that is now burned into my wrist- a constant reminder of Carver and how my fate is in his hands.

Carver comes up behind me “Beautiful isn’t it?” I don’t turn around I know what he’s talking about.

“Beautiful isn’t the word I would use to describe it” I mutter

“What word would you use then?” he asks.

The bed creaks as he sits on it behind me “Possessive”

“Well I am possessive of you little one because I own you”

“I know Carver.......just before you knocked me out I heard you say induce the pregnancies.....did you induce me?”

He laughs at me I turn to find him laughing his head off.

“What’s so funny?”

“Oh little one I didn’t induce you I couldn’t very well have fetched your sister with you awake now could I?”

“So that was all a cover”

“Of course I wouldn’t kill our baby”

“But you killed Olivia’s baby!”

“Lower your voice little one and no I didn’t....the baby was given to a couple who couldn’t have children”

“But you told us.....”

“I lied little one the baby lives and so does Olivia....now onto more important matters ladies listen up”

Chloe and Lilly stop what they are doing and turn to face Carver.

“I’m going away for a few days so you’re free to do whatever...Cruz, Frank and Seth are in charge if they ask you to do something I expect you to do it...I also expect you to be on your best behaviour anyone who isn’t will be punished when I get back understood?”

“Yes Carver” we all reply. Carver spins me around so that I’m now facing him “Will you miss me ladies?”

“Yes Carver”

“Such a bundle of liars you’ll all be happy to get rid of me” he chuckles “Come and give me a kiss goodbye then”

Lilly is the first one she kisses him with no waiting it’s just full on lips. Chloe is more reluctant but gives him a quick peck on the lips.

I just sit there looking at his lips Carver chuckles and mumbles “So innocent” then smashes his lips onto mine. I’ve trained myself to feeling nothing, to feel numb from his kisses and it works. I imagine I’m at home and dads in the kitchen making me some hot chocolate while my sisters are sitting watching music videos and gossiping.

“Be a good girl little one and no kissing Seth!”

Carver stands and walks to the door, he glances back at us one last time and then he’s gone. As soon as the door closes Chloe comes running over to me.

“He’s gone, he’s really gone!” she sings happily

“Don’t get to excited we are still under watch” I warn her and her face drops

“I’m sorry I got a little excited there at the possibility of escaping....I really want to see my husband again and my baby boy”

“Braylon’s fine he has Sophia with him and she won’t let anything happen to your son”

“I know I just miss them”

“Oh stop your whining we are never going to get out of here and you are never going to see your husband or your son ever again!” Lilly shouts from across the room.