25 - I Hate You

Hey guys! It's Friday and if you don't know from following me or you haven't figured it out yet, I update this story every Friday.

Before we begin thanks as usual for all the love and support and sticking with me despite my editing mistakes lol. Above is a picture of Gage (finally found someone who I think fits my idea of him. Steven Kelly <3) and down below is THE WONDERFUL cover @boo_boo_lette
made me!! I really love and appreciate it so this chapter is dedicated to her :)

 Steven Kelly <3) and down below is THE WONDERFUL cover @boo_boo_lette made me!! I really love and appreciate it so this chapter is dedicated to her :)

Despite what you see in movies or what you may have expected from someone with a reputation like Ray's, it's pretty much impossible to dodge five different bullets from five different men all at once.

Like a bee flying past his ear, Ray listened to the sting of bullets as they all rained down on him. He wanted to pause and figure out who exactly the men shooting at him where but the screams he could still hear around him and the heavy thumping in his chest reminded him he had no time for that.

He could feel the burn of a bullet on his thigh, stomach, and arm but the pain wasn't crippling and so he moved into action, ducking behind the very table they'd been sitting at and grabbing a gun from the floor by his feet.

Danny, who had managed to crawl to another table closer to the exit, was a complete mess. Freddy was trying with all his might to keep her covered and protected by his own body but despite the fear coursing through her and the tears that welled in her eyes Danny refused to move any closer to the exit than she already was.

She was convinced that she hated Ray. Convinced that he was a liar and a murderer and that they could never be together, but even as she had those thoughts, the idea of him being killed here was more terrifying than any of the bullets raining through the air. She couldn't just leave him.

"Ray!" She screamed, when Freddy tried once again to pull her towards the door. Nobody could have warned her then, but as soon as her scream echoed through the room Ray looked up at the same time the other gunmen did.

"Shit," Freddy swore, fumbling with his own gun. Before he even had time to take the safety off two of the shooters' attention switched to Danny and she screamed when a bullet hit the back of a table she was hiding behind. She felt one graze her shoulder and cried out before turning and ducking further behind the table.

What was going on? Who were these men and why were they shooting at her?!

Minutes passed of nothing but shooting and more screaming from Danny as she cowered on the floor. The restaurant which had once been five star and extremely popular, was now a mess of tipped tables, broken chandeliers, and dead bodies left by Charlie Brown. For Danny, the sounds of shooting never stopped. She didn't notice when a hushed silence fell over the restaurant or that Gage had entered through the back door with reinforcement and he and Ray had eliminated the threat.