twenty five

Derek and I sort out Allie's house. We've spent all day boxing up her clothes and pictures. As sad as it is, the two of us are crying while doing so and the door opens. Lex walks in and offers to help, his eyes glossy as well.

We pack the boxes into my car and I take it to my place, unloading it. Then I drive back and help haul her furniture into the truck to take to storage. Derek told me they're going to sell her apartment and put the money into her account. He wants her to stay with me, and for that I'm so thankful.

I'm invited to Derek's for dinner and I go, just trying to keep my mind off anything that may happen to Allie. When it's around nine, I go home and start going through her pictures. But I stop when I see some with me.

She has a ton of pictures of me, most of them when I'm either sleeping or not looking. I flip them over and she captions them either 'strong man' or 'my love'. Just the writing is enough to make my heart clench and I break down again, leaning my head against the wall.

"Just come back to me," I cry, setting her pictures back into the box. I go through her movies, smiling at some of them. Her favorite movie, The Choice, has a case nearly in shreds with how many times it's been opened and closed. Then I realize that our situation is exactly like theirs. A choice was to whether or not to keep the girl on life support, but I didn't need that choice. She's off it and able to function on her own. She'll be okay. Allie will wake up.

I take the prosthetic off and maneuver around the house like this, trying to feel better. It's been three months of waiting. Three months of feeling completely alone but when I visit her I feel better. I just want her to be okay.

So I stay up all night and watch The Choice, crying just thinking that Allie and I could have a life like this. When she wakes up, we can live and be together. Fuck, I could...I could ask her to marry me, just so she knows I would never leave her side. She's everything to me.

But watching the movie, I never thought about children. Allie and I could have kids, but I would want her to have her college classes first. She loves her art and when looking through her mail, she received a few packets from those colleges. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure the packets mean acceptance.

I stay up watching her movies all night before I get up, putting the prosthetic on, and going to the hospital. My hands grab Allie's cheeks lightly and I kiss her forehead.

"Good morning, beautiful," I whisper, sitting in my chair and holding her hand. I watch as she takes a deep breath, her chest moving as she functions on her own.

"Just wake up baby. I'm right here," I tell her, her lips pressed together lightly. Her bruising is mainly gone, just the faint mark on her jaw still present.

The day goes slowly and I'm forced to leave tonight, my lips pressing around her face before I go.

"I love you baby. Come back to me," I whisper, going home without her.

~*~

I feel like my body is numb and I fight myself to push my eyes open. Once I do, I part my lips and take a deep breath. As I look around, I see a hospital room and I take a deep breath. My eyes look around and I don't see anyone, the dark sky outside no indication of the time. I squint my eyes and see a clock.

3:30 A.M.

My hands move and I reach up, feeling my face. My left jaw is sore, and I feel an oxygen tube beneath my nose. As I look around the room, I see flowers and I smile. Someone really cares.

Then I try to sit up and something beeps, my eyebrows frowning. Soon someone walks in and a shocked expression is on their face.

"Doctor she's awake," she says, my eyes watching as a doctor runs into the room.

They start to examine everything, my vitals and any remaining injuries I sustained in the car crash. I'm asked how many fingers he holds up, flashes a light in my eyes, and then asks me the last thing I remember.

"I was at work. Then I was told to get the shipment as usual. A car was coming at my side of the taxi," I say, my heart dropping. I could have died.

"Alright, we need to alert your family you are awake," the doctor says, my head nodding. Then I stop, looking up at the nurse.

"Has, um, has a man named Harry been here?" I ask, nervous he didn't want to be here.

"Honey, he's here everyday and almost three nights a week," she tells me. "He's the one who brings the flowers."

Her words make me smile and she helps me up, taking me into the bathroom to wash up. She washes my hair and I wash my body, then getting dressed in a new gown. They help me sit back in bed and my family starts to come in. Derek is the first to hug me and kiss my hair, my lips curving.

"Allie I'm gonna be honest with you, I've never cried so much," he says, my hands holding his arm.

"Him, Harry, and I had a sobbing match the other day," Lex says, my lips curving.

"God I don't even want to know what his reaction is gonna be," Derek says, making me laugh. "He's gonna end up tackling you."

I smile and stay with my family until they decide to call Harry, my hope rising. I miss him so much, but I honestly don't want to imagine what this put him through. Harry is everything and I just want him back.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo