Chapter 76

I was feeling all stiff, exhausted, weak, pained and the list goes on. As I tried to open my eyes they felt really heavy so I've decided to keep them close for a few more minutes. At first my brain was a bit fuzzy and I was confused as to where I was or what was happening but then hearing two voices and recognising who they belong to, I started remembering.

I remembered being knocked out and kidnapped by Snakes. Then waking up before in a rat motel and him threatening me, me hitting him with my gun then shotting him. Then Gio, Dominic and Lucas showing up and me getting shot from behind by a partially dead Snakes who had managed to conjure up enough strength to reach for the gun with his undamaged hand and then Gio finishing him off. I also remember my black jacket covered in blood that was oozing from my wound and me starting to get weaker from bleeding and them trying to contain the bleeding as they took me to the car. I had started apologizing to Gio for shooting him before now realizing how much it hurts getting shot. And then passing out on my way to the hospital.

"This is all your fault, you know that?"

"How exactly is this my fault? I didn't shot her and I clearly remembered me trying to stop it and taking care of the idiota who did it"

"He was your idiot. Ever since she met you things like this is always happening to her. You're the cause of it all"

"So are you telling me that before she met me she's never had a dangerous run in like this before? I find that hard to believe. Sure, few of the incidents that happened to her maybe linked to me. Or people trying to get back at me but it doesn't mean its something I wanted to happened or haven't tried preventing. It could've happened just by her being a Luciano and others knowing that, or by any sick pervert who thought she was just another weak or vulnerable female. Yes, I may have enemies but don't tell me you or anyone from your 'family doesn't'.

"You don't deserve her, I won't hide it that that's how I feel, but for some reason she wants you and you make her happy, and that's the only reason why you're still allowed to be here around her because nothing we do is going to change how she feels about you".