Unsought Emotions

I turned to look at Iggy. He looked pissed, apparently they didn't know.

"You've sat on this since yesterday?" Iggy sounded outraged. "What's the matter with you? Just because you're the youngest doesn't mean you have to be the dumbest."

I snapped, even though I knew that Angel couldn't be trusted, or it's just my paranoia, I can't stand it when someone frames a child.

"Iggy enough. Angel is the youngest, yes, which makes it even more difficult to say what she heard. We may all have messed up lives but she is still six years old! Calm down and let her talk." I scowled as Max brushed Angel's blonde curls.

"Can you tell us everything you heard?" Max asked as my words finally sank in on the flock. Leo glared at me, I bowed my head and bit my lower lip, I really need to control my temper.

"I only got bits and pieces," great I could feel her uncomfortable-ness from here. "I'm sorry, everybody. I've just felt yucky...and it all makes me really, really sad too. I don't want to cry again." And with that she bursts into tears.

"It's okay, Angel," Fang said in his low, quiet voice. "We understand. You're safe now, here with us."

Nudge looked ready to explode with questions. Gazzy edged closer to Max and took hold of her belt loop for comfort. I stared at Iggy and got him in my arms as I saw how shaken he was. Putting his head under the crock of my chin, Iggy melted in my arms, feeling the same warmth of home when I hugged Hestia.

Leo clutched and unclutched his fists in awkwardness and then gave Nudge a gab to calm her down. Wow, the idiot doesn't know that he already found his sister.

"It sounded like, we came from different places, different hospitals. But they got us after we were born. We weren't test-tube babies." Angel said slowly as if she was unsure of the fact.

"How did they get us? And how did they get the bird genes into us?" Fang asked, his black hair making shadows on his face.

I sighed as I rubbed the side of Iggy's arm, calming him down as I spoke. "They inject the mothers when the child is in the embryo stage, making the DNA sequence transform to the new Amniocentesis."

I saw them stared at me, giving me the silent question. "I was there when my mother was being checked, I wouldn't leave her side no matter what, and I saw how my brother looked after he was born."

Iggy and Gazzy gave me a look of hope, well as much as a blind kid could.

"So we got born, and the doctors gave us to the School," Angel went on. "I heard~I heard that they told Nudge's mom and dad that she had died. But she hadn't."

Nudge made a gulping sound, her large brown eyes full of tears. "Monique Guadalupe Valdez." Leo and Nudge turned to look at me.

"H-How do you know my real name?" Leo's head snapped to Nudge's direction, eyes filled with joy.

"Monie? I-is t-that re-eally you?" I smirked as Nudge looks shocked at Leo's nickname for her.

"Brother and sister found in the blood flown, congrats bosso, you finally figured out Nudge was Monique." The others were shocked that Nudge found her family so fast, that he was looking for her, and that he didn't care that she was part bird.