Ch•6- A Missile

"Jessi! Did you pack your bag?" Pepper yelled down the stairs to me. I was sitting on the couch, reading articles of past Mandarin attacks around the continent. Pepper was standing on the second floor, looking down to me from the balcony. The giant bunny sat below her next to the stairs.

"Yes!" I replied, swiping the tablet to get to the next passage "It's in my room"

    "We'll be spending two weeks in Paris, so I hope you packed enough! Toothbrush, paste, socks, a few nice clothes for when we go out to eat, and uh, your glasses, pillows for the plane-"

     "Okay Pepper Okay! I got it, it's all packed don't worry!" I gave up on reading and tossed the tablet to the side.

My phone buzzed on the glass coffee table, alerting me of a text.

April : Any particular reason why your Dad gave out his address to the whole world...?

I rolled my eyes, thinking of the clash we had outside the hospital.

Me : to make a point

April : on Malibu point Eh, eh? Get it... cause he was trying to make a point, and he lives on Malibu point.

Me : yea, funny 😂😑

April : so, wyd?

Me : I'm packing and getting ready to hop on a jet to Paris

April : Paris?! Pariee holds the key to my heart!! Ugh OMG you're so lucky!

Me : haha, yeah. I would have told you a while ago but things have been kinda busy here

April : yea, I heard. How r ya guys holding up there in the Stark House?

    I lowered my phone for a moment and watched the sea. Well, how are we holding up? It has its up and downs, mostly downs. Dad has anxiety, Peppers jumpy and moody, the Mandarin is also a biggy. Our house was on Live Tv right now as we speak. Helicopters hung around the bay, filming our house as if Dad might fly out. I had one of the news channels on right now. I could see right inside our windows, I can even see me!

I blew out a puff of air and typed on the key pad on my phone.

Me : Fine.

     And I clicked my phone off and tossed it to the side with the tablet. I ran my fingers through my brunette hair.

    Pepper was rummaging around upstairs, stuffing last minute essentials in her bag, Dad was downstairs, figuring out some Mandarin stuff. We're all under the same roof, but separated. I didn't like it.

     My eyes darted from the window to the front door when the door bell rang. Oh No, is it bad guys, the Mandarin, Aliens?? Nope. I spun around on the couch and draped my arm over the back, checking out the women who stood beyond the glass door.

     She had long wavy brown hair that cascaded over her chest. Her skin was ivory pale, and she didn't look like the happiest person in the world. She stepped impatiently on her tippy toes, peering in to the house as if looking for someone. I gave her a friendly wave from the couch since she could see me from the door.

     Jarvis scanned her body from the outside and then opened up the door so she could enter. The door unlocked and slowly opened. She stepped in awkwardly, glancing around the room.

    "Right there is fine" Dad walked down the foyer to the front door, wearing his Mark 42. Iron Man suit. I rolled my eyes and laid back down on the couch, not caring about whoever this visitor was "You're not the Mandarin. Are you? Are you?" Dad repeated, harder the second time.