Trapped on the 'Dutchman

The salty ocean water fired up my nose, and stung my eyes. I clenched my mouth shut to keep from yelling. I looked around to see Bootstrap being held captive just as I was! That's not right he's part of the same crew I thought, I shook my head in dissatisfaction when I saw we were feet away from the Flying Dutchman. Held captive again I thought great.

I coughed and hacked as soon as my head broke the surface "Aw shut up! You filthy Pirate Lord!" The one with the nine tales yelled at me. I scowled but didn't say a word. Next thing I knew I was being thrown down, aboard the Flying Dutchman. Cold, wet, and a captive.

"We meet again, Miss. Turner!" Davy laughed as he looked down at me. I held my knees close to my chest, I was breathing heavily, and underwater they had somehow tied my hands together. 

"Not how I was imagining coming back on this ship" I said looking up at Davy. He just laughed and bent down to my level.

"Do you feel dead?" he asked. I just cocked my head to one side "do you feel like a dark abyss?...All your deeds lead bare?...All your sins punished?....I can offer you an escape...join my crew and serve one hundred years before the mast....will ye serve?" he asked.

I leaned forward, so much so that I could smell the dead fish in his breath "no bloody way" I growled then leaned back. He made a noise that sounded like he was insulted in some way.

"Take this...pirate to the brig" Davy said with disgust in his voice. I was pushed down to the lower deck where I fell down the stairs. The one with the whip threw me in a cell, slammed the door shut, locked the algae covered door, then smirked.

"Ye won't be in here long lass..we'll have ye working in the deck soon" he said with and evil smile.

"And what if I refuse?" I growled, he just held up the nine tales and moved it menacingly left and right in-front of my face. "Oh, well then" I said with a sheepish grin. He grunted and walked back to the upper deck.

"Granddaughter" I heard someone say, I looked over to find Bootstrap Bill smiling at me from the other side of the cell.

"Bootstrap" I said with relief, I walked over and hugged him.

"Just like your mother....always a pirate at heart....It would taste a lie to tell you that is not the fate I wanted for you" Bootstrap exclaimed with a coral covered grin. "But being stuck on the 'Dutchman" he added then shook is head in dismay "one hundred years before the mast...once you swore the oath..there is no getting off" he whispered with sadness swelling in his eyes.

"I have sworn no oath" I said looking up at him.

"Then you must get off as fast as you can" he whispered in my ear. Then the crew member with the nine tales came back down, unlocked the door and opened it.

"Come on now! Out you go! Captain needs all the deckhands he can get!" Nine-tales growled.

"Boson--" Bootstrap tried to say.

"Shut it, Turner!" Boson yelled "out on deck!.. The lot of ya!" he added. It was storming outside, lots of rain and wind. The crew was trying to raise a cannon. They placed me at some rope. All of a sudden a voice rang out "Secure the last tackle, Turner!"  I looked up at the loose tackle, and ran over to it.

"Let go!" I yelled at Bootstrap.

"No, you let go!" he yelled, then he lost his grip which sent me flying backward, we heard a sound equivalent to cannon fire...

The cannon had fallen through the deck.

This will not be good I thought, the rain drenching my clothes and the wind slapping my wet hair against my face.