|0.8|

After the walk home from the art supply store, all I wanted to do was take a shower to rid me from the odd smell of rain then begin on a painting I had implanted in my mind since I witnessed the gloominess in the skys. Stepping inside I was met with three pairs of eyes. The trio of girls graced their presence on the couches that were placed in the living room. Their attention was now on me since I interrupted their session of talking nonsense by stepping inside.

"Afternoon."I say to them out of courtesy. You're never supposed to step into a room without a greeting.

Jamilla face perked up, "Ah, look at her glo. This the happiest I've seen her ever since Ms. Nawman moved me away from her."It was true, when my literature teacher moved Jamilla away from me due to her always trying to spark up conversation or take a peak at my paper, I was ecstatic.

I had an odd feeling that they were discussing me prior to me stepping in. I looked at her awkwardly before scoping the three of them out once again. They all sat Indian style on the couches with wide smiles as if they were expecting me.

"Well,"I sighed. "Goodbye then, I guess."I take off my shoes cringing at the awful feeling of the carpet all the while trying to avoid the gaze of the trior.

"Okay I'm just gone out right and say it since yall actin' timid and shit."Kashari laughs. I looked at her confused as to why I had to be the central link of their conversation. "So Jhenea, which one you choosing, Ant or Mally?".

"Excuse me?"I ask in an indignant tone. That whole question offended me a bit.

"See I told you, you need to ease into it."Morgan smacked Kashari's arm.

"What?"Kashari shrugged her shoulders as if she hadn't said anything to rub me the wrong way. "I'm just askin'. One minute she talking to Mally then the next she leave with Ant. What was that about?"

I looked as Jamilla held the bridge of her nose shaking her head, her guilt displayed all throughout her body language. She was the only one who knew that Anthony gave me a ride home, now she took it upon herself to go gossiping over something she knows nothing about. The amount of assumptions that were running through their heads were probably enough to anger me. I chuckle, not finding anything ammusing "Alright Kashari, lets ask you a question."I slowly walked back so I could be in the center of the family room. "What is it going to take for you and your airhead friends to stay out of something that doesn't involve them?"

They all looked a bit taken aback by my bluntness. My words did come out a bit more brutal for my liking, but they honestly deserve it. They rather sit here and discuss me rather than do something productive with their aging lives. "Damn you aint even have to low blow us like that."Jamilla spoke up with an eyeroll.

I disregarded her comment before replacing my attention back to Kashari, "And just to let you know, there is no choice between Anthony and Malcom, I don't want either one of them."And with that I made it my objective to step out of the room. I can't believe they had the audacity to even stick their nose in my business and on top of that Jamilla sat there gossiping filling their empty little heads with lies. It was honestly pathetic.

That whole conversation took a toll on my mood, it was upsetting.

They never would have to go through the predicament of me jaw jabbing about them knowing that everything I'm sayin is not a hundred percent accurate. I expect it from Jamilla and Morgan, but I really had higher expectations from Kashari, I thought she was the mature one. I guess not.

Whisping my angering thoughts away, I stepped into our bedroom setting my paint brushes on the bed. I stripped from the zipped hoodie, leaving me in a tanktop and my leggings. My hair jumbled on top of my head in a frizzed up disaster due to it getting wet in the rain. I grabbed pastel pink cotton towel from my dresser throwing it upon my shoulder.