34; Werewolves, watch cycles and desperate pleas

Violet

"What the hell was that?" Avery panics, sitting upright. None of us answer, because we don't have an answer.

Our eyes are all glued to the opening in the trees, the space where Harry and Louis are supposed to be emerging from. It doesn't need to be said; we're all pretty scared.

"I think it came from the camping ground?" Liam says, his hands tightening their hold of mine.

"Alright, alright, everybody just stay calm," Zayn says, getting to his feet.

"STAY CALM?! HOW CAN WE STAY CALM? WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" Niall shrieks.

Zayn shoots him a look and Avery manages to calm him down.

"What are you doing?" I blurt as Zayn moves towards the trees. "I ... you're not going down there are you?"

He turns back to me, a look of amusement crossing his face. "I'll be okay."

"Zayn, no," Liam says sternly. "I think it's just best if we stay here.

"ZAYN, DON'T LEAVE!" Niall screams.

Zayn rolls his eyes and faces us fully. "You all are such a bunch of pussies. What do you actually think is going to happen? A murderer will kill me?"

We all look at him with blank expressions, trying to not let him know that that is exactly what we were thinking.

"Oh, for god's sake," he mumbles.

Niall stands. "Who knows what it could be. Rape, murder, a shoot out ..."

"Niall!" Zayn cries. "There wasn't even a gun shot!"

I stand up too. "It was probably just a misunderstanding."

"A scream?" Avery asks, coming up behind me.

Liam's the only one adamantly staying in his chair.

"Maybe someone fell over or something," I shrug. I glance around at everyone, but they're not buying it.

"No way. Not that kind of scream. That was like a blood curdling full on kind of scream," Niall says.

"God, where are Louis and Harry?" Avery looks through the trees. "They should've been back by now!"

"Who knows if they'll ever come back!" Niall cries. "They might have been kidnapped, or worse, taken."

"Those are the same thing," I point out.

He looks confused. "They are? I always thought kidnapped involved kids napping."