011

"I'D PROBABLY FOLLOW YOU TO THE END OF THE WORLD JUST BECAUSE IT'D MAKE YOU HAPPY AND I LIVE FOR YOUR SMILE."

STUDENTS waited impatiently for the champions to come out. A golden egg was perched on a rock, which confused many students. The air was cool and the breeze made Arden shiver in her seat. Fred and George finally appeared with a box in hand. It was obvious they just got money for bets on who'd succeed.

"Cold?" George asked, looking down at Arden. She cursed him silently for being a giant.

Fred shrugged. "Don't worry, my brother Charlie came from Romania with dragons. It'll be hot out here in no time."

"Dragons?" Arden quietly questioned. The twins nodded. "So their first task is to what, take the egg away from the dragon?"

George nodded and Fred shrugged. "We suppose."

The wind blew harshly, making George's scarf fly back and slap Arden in the face. The twins laughed as Arden rolled her eyes. It was rare for Arden to be out and about during school events such as. She's only ever been to one Quidditch game out of her six years of being a Hogwarts student (thanks to Luna, who dragged her down to the pitch.) So she was annoyed to be in the crowd of screaming, excited, and aggravating students who cheered on dangerous tasks. But she agreed to attend to make George happy.

As the first student stepped out and attempted to get the golden egg, Arden couldn't help but stand closer and bite the skin of her thumb in anticipation. It was nerve wracking and the students could be burnt to ash by the dangerous dragons. Which was also kind of cool...and against Arden's point.

When Harry Potter stepped out, half the crowd cheered and the other half booed. Arden just pulled her jacket closer to her body and wished someone in the stands was selling hot chocolate. Fred and George also noticeably got more excited, shouting louder than they had for the other three and clapping their hands together rapidly.

Harry seemed dazed though and like he wasn't sure what to do. Hermione Granger shouted repeatedly for Harry to use his wand and finally the boy listened. A Firebolt sped through the crowd and stopped quickly in front of the boy. He sped off and unfortunately, the Hungarian Horntail broke through it's chains and followed him.

George grabbed Arden's wrist in anticipation, watching them fly away. And then for ten minutes, there was nothing. Harry was gone and though in the distance, the shrieks of the Horntail were clear. Students and teachers mumbled to each other, the tension growing. Nobody was sure if Harry Potter was even alive now or if the fiery dragon burned him to toast.

Arden glanced down at George's pale hand that was grasping her petite wrist. She felt nothing; no spark, no emotion. It made her feel inhumane but instead of dwelling on it, she looked up at the boy. His cheeks were rouged and she couldn't tell if it was from the crisp air or their proximity.

Their intense and unproclaimed staring contest was interrupted momentarily by cheers as Harry zoomed back on his broom, grabbing the egg and completing his first tasks. Students around them, including Fred, were shouting in joy but Arden and George continued to look at each other, before Arden broke out in a grin.

"I told you he'd come out unscathed, you owe me some galleons now, I believe."

+

George Weasley stood beside his twin brother as Professor McGonagall droned on about the Yule Ball. Many male students were dreading the ball, fitting the stereotype. Except, George Weasley was a little...excited about the ball. No doubt because Arden Gosse was his date.

Speaking of, the girl was leaned against the wall, listening to Professor Flitwick as he too talked about the ball. He was trying his best to explain how they should waltz, which was pretty boring. You'd think it'd be humorous if a man his size tried teaching a bunch of Ravenclaws how to waltz, but it was honestly just frustrating.

"Does anyone know how to waltz?" The Charms professor asked, exasperated.

Luna Lovegood raised her hand slightly. "Arden Gosse does, sir. She taught me so I could properly dance at my second cousin's wedding. Though I fear I'm not exactly the best."

And if Luna Lovegood wasn't an innocent ball of sunshine, Arden would've jumped over the seats and mauled her. But since she was an innocent ball of sunshine, who no doubt had the best intentions, Arden could only send the platinum blonde an aggravated stare.

"Excellent!" The short man grinned. "Come here, Miss Gosse! Does anyone else know?"

None of the students raised their hands or made a sound. Arden turned to glance at Luna, silently asking if the fourth year would go up to suffer with her. However, a tall and skinny boy stood up, a smirk on his lips as he smoothly stepped to the centre of the room in order to join Arden.

"Good!" The professor shouted. "Miss Gosse and Mister Danford, please show them how it's done!"

With a flick of a wand, music filled the room and the mysterious wizard placed one hand on Arden's hip and the other was in her hand. Warily, Arden put her hand in his and on his shoulder. The two immediately fell in step and began waltzing around the room.

"Who are you?" Arden asked, genuinely curious because she's never seen the male before despite being in the same house. Obviously he was a good student if Professor Flitwick was so excited about him stepping up, so how come she's never heard of him?

The dark haired boy flashed a smile, his teeth a pearly white. "I'm Leviathan Danford. I go by Levi though. I'm a seventh year."

Still, Arden couldn't think of anyone with that name. It must have shown she was confused because Levi chuckled. "I tend to keep to myself. Not much of a social person." He twirled Arden, pulling her closer to his body. "But I know all about you, Miss Gosse. You seem to have a reputation in these halls."

Arden narrowed her eyes at the boy. "Oh don't worry, I'm not one to judge." He smiled. "Because afterall, you and me, we're in the same boat."